• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Using slides that are partway out?

Gord&Cindy

Is it OK to use a slide that is partway out?
For example, is it OK to sit at the table if the slide is out partway? Would this cause any damage?
Is it OK to put the slide partway out but stay off it? Just to get around it.

Also, how much off-level can the rig be and still extend the slides?

I'm asking these questions because we like to use the kitchen and seating area at rest stops where we are not planning to camp but need the slide out to get access to the fridge, stove and seating.

Oregon_Camper

Forum Moderator
Staff member
For the main 2 hydraulic slides, yes can move them out just enough to do what you want at a rest stop. The bedroom slide is a Schwintek slide/motor and should not be stopped during in/out slide process.

Gord&Cindy

Thanks very much for the reply.
Yes, I was referring to the 2 hydraulic slides.
Do you happen to know if it's advisable to sit on, say, the chairs at the table with the slide partway out? If not, could we put any weight on the slide in this position? I'm sure the manufacturer would err on the side of caution and say we should not do any of these things but I wonder what damage we might do.
Thanks again.

Mary S

For the main 2 hydraulic slides, yes can move them out just enough to do what you want at a rest stop. The bedroom slide is a Schwintek slide/motor and should not be stopped during in/out slide process.
Is there a way to fix the Schwintek side? We opened our bedroom slide enough to get by and then slept on the bed at our over night stop. It now goes in crooked so my husband pushed on it while I hold the button to close it.

Oregon_Camper

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Is there a way to fix the Schwintek side? We opened our bedroom slide enough to get by and then slept on the bed at our over night stop. It now goes in crooked so my husband pushed on it while I hold the button to close it.
Yep...easy to do. Just follow the instructions in this video.

Oregon_Camper

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Thanks very much for the reply.
Yes, I was referring to the 2 hydraulic slides.
Do you happen to know if it's advisable to sit on, say, the chairs at the table with the slide partway out? If not, could we put any weight on the slide in this position? I'm sure the manufacturer would err on the side of caution and say we should not do any of these things but I wonder what damage we might do.
Thanks again.
Because the main slideouts will slide up when retracted and then down when extended (to make the flat floor) it is not recommended to use them without being fully extended.