• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Update: Samsung refrigerator found not working

billbaio

Took delivery of my Paradigm 390 MP on January 6 2023. Place it on our lot in a rv park in Blairsville, Ga. Came back the beginning of April. Refrigerator was running. We left after about 10 days with no issues on the refrigerator. We came back May 5 and found the refrigerator off and some spoiled food inside. Fiddled with the circuit breakers which all appeared not to have been tripped. The fridge came back on. Saturday May 6 we noted the fridge was off again. This time I noted the green light on the gfci outlet on the island was off. Checked the breakers again. Nothing appeared tripped. Flipped a bunch of breakers - nothing. Flipped a bunch again. Scratching my head and had my better half hold the fridge door open. Did it a third time. After a 3 to 5 second delay the fridge comes on.

What I have found out so far

An RV tech was in the park across the street from me was working on another rig. I told him my tale. This what he told me. The Progressive Dynamics PD 1620 A inverter has had some issues. Apparently the fridge is on a circuit that is fed by the inverter. Some units have a tendency to go sleep and even though the rig is hooked up to shore power, the inverter goes off and no power goes to the refrigerator. If one fiddles with the circuit breakers this usually wakes the inverter up and allows power to get to the refrigerator. He told me that he has replaced several of these units on Alliance 5th wheels.

I contacted Alliance about this yesterday5/8/23. Currently am waiting for a resolution from them. My contact person is Jason. He has reached out to Progressive Dynamics. Waiting and hoping we have no more spoiled food. As a side note, no one I've spoken to at Alliance knows which circuit breaker if any is on the refrigerator supply line for power. Battery voltage under power is between 13 to 14.7 volts DC. Remote panel for PD 1620 A shows 14V DC and 123v AC.

billbaio

Update on on the refrigerator not working.

We have been in limbo regarding a final resolution to the inverter issue until today. After consultation with Alliance we reached a pause. The the fridge was on and appeared to be staying on. Then at 8:00 AM this morning while watching tv in the bed room, the tv went dead. No power. The gfci on the island dead. Big tv in the living room area dead. No blue lights on the gas range. And tada! the refrigerator was dead. The PD 1600 series remote showed shore power supplying the inverter. Contacted Alliance and informed Jason & Kevin. They told me to trip the inverter breaker and leave deactivated for 30 seconds, Upon resetting the breaker, the fridge and all outlets were operational. The consensus was the inverter has a problem. They tell me they will contact Progressive Dynamics to replace the inverter. The tech was right.