• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Underbelly Wire Protection Tip

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
Most of my Delta 262RB underbelly has been off for about 4 months and ahead of our first trip with it this weekend, I've spent a number of hours over the last 2 days resecuring it to the frame.

As I had run a LOT of additional wiring for a number of projects, the narrow space along the door-side frame rail was jammed up with wires. I spent a bit of time doing some wire management with tie-wraps. Then I used some foam pipe insulation on top of the I-beam lower flange, up against the web. It's just held there by friction fit from the downward pressure of the wire bundle.

This allowed me to, with confidence, drill the coil nail holes a bit larger to more easily accept Tek screws (self-drilling lag-type screws) and gave me over a 1" buffer between my screw points and any wiring.

I happened to have the insulation on-hand, so no incremental cost for me but the stuff is pretty cheap. Small diameter pool noodles would work too.

IMG_6197.jpg