• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Under Stairs Vacuum port like Jayco has

LuckyDog23

Been watching a lot of YouTube videos, and last night I saw an owner with a vacuum cleaner port under her stairs. It has a smallish disposable paper vacuum bag emptied from the basement wall just on the other side of the left bulkhead as you look in the compartment. I’d really like this instead of the cordless Dyson I have in my class A. Has anyone looked into these and or ordered one or installed it.

Here’s one made by DirtDevil

Last edited:

Guests on the Move

When the Brady’s first started Alliance they started a Facebook page and asked what people wanted in the new rv. The majority of the people asked did not want the onboard vacuum. They stated they were more of an issue than a ben when they had them.

Mike in North Wales

I was thinking the same thing. I was really interested in the on-board system when I read this thread. Then I started thinking about storing the hose and attachments. Then I pictured maneuvering the hose through the coach. I think a stick vacuum is easier than an on board system appears to be.

LuckyDog23

Interesting. I guess I will buy a second Dyson and use the dryer outlet in the closet to charge it. They charge very quickly and go for a long time between charges. The one at home has far more attachments and carpet tools than I need but I do know it’s important to vacuum under the slides, especially if you have children. I’ve found countless objects both at home and in our current rig. There’s a stick model that is just for floors. One of the YouTube video channel’s contributors vacuumed her lower deck and it took less than five minutes. She keeps the hose in the basement in a big Rubbermaid tote bin. With any vacuum you still need to empty the cannister, and I’d hope you’d do that outdoors. I empty my home Dyson into a tall wastebasket in my garage. It doesn’t hold a lot. I empty it every time I use it, rather than having that vacuum cleaner smell in the house. At least the installed system has a disposable bag. Judging by the videos it’s a fairly generous size.

Edited to add — towards the video he shows the auto dustpan which looks like a way to do quick cleanup. One reason I’m leaning toward a 310 is it has a door on the pantry where a lightweight broom can reside. Seems to me that I need to vacuum my carpeted motor home daily. The amount of vinyl flooring is limited to a tiny patch in front of the sink plus in the back where the bathroom is. I’m so glad rv manufacturers have all but eliminated carpet but they haven’t eliminated children or pets lol. I’m currently hauling a small upright dDir Devil bagless out of my closet daily. It’s tedious. In the end I’d much prefer a lighter hose and I bet it fits inside the end table adjacent to the big sofa.

Last edited:

Whitewolf

We tried the Dyson stick we have at home in the 340. We liked it but it was a pain to store in our 340. We ended up getting a Swiffer and a hand vac. This combo works well for us.

LuckyDog23

My Dyson has a wall mount charging station. Works great. A handheld won’t work since I am unable to squat or kneel. Sniffers are gear for pushing dirt around but then you have a dirty dusty disposal item which will end up in a landfill, right? I’m no greenie by any stretch but the only paper products we use are TP and an occasional Kleenex. I use microfiber towels for cleaning and for dusting. Most are Norwex. Not sur on spelling. We switched to no paper towels when COVID prevented us from going to stores without a huge hassle only to discover there weren’t any thanks to the §€£*##$””# Hoarders. I’m really happy and if it’s a kitchen mess I use a bit of Dawn otherwise I just use a washable microfiber dust mop followed by a microfiber mop. We have no carpet in our house. If I don’t use turbo mode I can do all at one time. Then pop it back onto the wall charger.

This fits a V10 animal which is what we have. Works great very inexpensive. Worst part is drilling holes and mounting it.

We've had a simple Dyson since we bought our 365 in 2020 and love it. It is mounted in our closet using the dryer outlet (so out of the way), has a handful of attachments including a hard surface one for the floor. It is also very useful in sucking up flying bugs like flies and mosquitos that are up high around the ceiling. Also use it to keep the basement, other compartments, and sometimes even the truck cleaner.

Bozo

I have the onboard vacuum in the older unit I am getting rid of. I do like the stair port feature for sweeping the hard floor, but the unit is less effective when using a long hose for the carpeted areas. I’d stick with the rechargeable.

LuckyDog23

I have a Dyson V11 (I think, there’s no many V x models.) But it’s rather heavy and much more suited for serious cleaning. It has two carpet heads, a half dozen little ones like U turn bendy thing and such. So it can remain in the house. My living room and two bedrooms st home are carpeted. The rest of the house is LVP. Because after reading a few comments on the built In version and because decided i I can get down on all fours anymore, I decided against that anyway. I found a little Dyson on Amazon called an Omni. I contacted Dyson and asked about its suitability for small low pile rugs. Tyers on the Road have just that type rug, from Amazon, and it’s gorgeous. I’m also thinking small ruggables. I have them at home and they was great.

LuckyDog23

I have the onboard vacuum in the older unit I am getting rid of. I do like the stair port feature for sweeping the hard floor, but the unit is less effective when using a long hose for the carpeted areas. I’d stick with the rechargeable.
I have a very compact bagless dirt Devil in my coach which is 80% or more carpet. I also like the dustpan feature. But then how much time does it really save if you have to empty /replace a bag. Most of what I get on my floor in the motorhome comes in on shoes or dog feet and can be swept right back outside where it belongs. So I’ve decided to get a mostly for flooring Dyson that is cordless. I have a big one at home and I can vacuum my entire house on a single charge and that’s 1500 sq feet. I’m sure a trailer could be way faster especially since I don’t have to change the brush head which in my V11 is very difficult. I’ve got this thing called post Covid inflammatory joint syndrome. It turned me into a very stiff and achy person. Anyway things like jars, connections on vaccines, getting into a big truck are very difficult for me and it happened very suddenly n