• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

TV sound through the Stereo?

rgeyer

We have the Avenue 32RLS had to rewire everything. There was an hdmi cable but no place to hook up to. Used rca cables.

CornCrib

Rich: Just to clarify ... you ran RCA from the OUT of the TV to the IN of the stereo .. and the speakers now work?
How do they sound?

rgeyer

Yes tv out to radio in and also radio out to TV in. Ended up replacing TV and the radio with radio/DVD player. Also replaced speakers with surface mount. The stock ones weren't that bad but Becky didn't like how loud they were outside. I even put sound panels in which wasn't easy.

rgeyer

Yes tv out to radio in and also radio out to TV in. Ended up replacing TV and the radio with radio/DVD player. Also replaced speakers with surface mount. The stock ones weren't that bad but Becky didn't like how loud they were outside. I even put sound panels in which wasn't easy.

20220821_102630.jpg

rgeyer

This is our setup on our 340RL. I possible may what to replace the built-in speakers to better speakers. How would I access the speakers and radio. I'm guessing that if I were to remove the fireplace, I might have access. Has anyone done this?
You can unscrew the radio and just pull it out to access the wiring. The speakers are another story. On my 32RLS I would've had to remove fireplace and cut a hole under each speaker. Did know if that would've effected airflow for fireplace so I installed surface mount speakers. I may someday see if the holes will effect anything and replace the stock speakers

Thanks. Bummer about the speaker access. Maybe a sound bar is in our future. We have crackling in the right speaker sometimes and at lower volumes. Probably a bad connection somewhere. I will reseat the connections on the receiver and go from there.