• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Traveling with full tank(s)

michigander

I have a 2021 Paradigm 310RL.

Is this designed to allow you to travel with full tanks?

I know I would have to be aware of GVW limits, etc.

This is more of a convenience thing for filling fresh water at home, or emptying grey/black tanks at home.

Thanks.

Oregon_Camper

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Great question!! Our last RV had a 60 gallon fresh water tank and we would fill it prior to leaving home as we boondock about 90% of the time. We are getting a 340RL and that has a 96 gallon fresh water tank....that might be a bit more than I want to carry at ~768 pounds.

darrell

Alliance will tell you it is designed to carry all of the tanks full while traveling. I have only seen 1 report of a tank coming loose (either on FB or here, not sure which) and that was due to being installed incorrectly IIRC.

Oregon_Camper

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Alliance will tell you it is designed to carry all of the tanks full while traveling. I have only seen 1 report of a tank coming loose (either on FB or here, not sure which) and that was due to being installed incorrectly IIRC.
thanks...great info :)

Keysandstops

When we travel, we put a little in the fresh water tank for when we need to stop along the highway for the toilet. We have filled the tank when our destination is without hookups. I realize the prevailing wisdom is to fill the tank when you get close to your destination, but I have no clue about the water quality at any place other than my home. I don't think I want to take a chance, even with a good water filtration system.

Oregon_Camper

Forum Moderator
Staff member
I think I saw an Alliance factory tour video, where it was shown how the tanks are supported with additional support beams that other mfg don't do. However, I looked, but was unable to find it. :(

We picked up our Delta 262RB last Friday and I didn't check to see how full the tanks were. After getting home and checking out the unit I checked the tank levels and both gray water, black water and fresh water were all full. That's 180 gallons or about 1,450 lbs. combine that with approximately 1000 pounds of gear. I did watch a video of "Josh the RV Nerd" does a factory tour that showed how the tanks are reinforced so I'm not worried about tank failure but I was over weight. Why the dealer would fill all the tanks is beyond me, maybe to test for leaks, but there is no excuse for not draining them. The dealer wouldn't setup the hitch off my old camper to the Delta because of liability issues but will send me out on the road overloaded. Come Tuesday someone is going to get an ear full.