• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Totally dead slide

I’ve got a completely dead rear bedroom cable slide on my Paradigm 395DS. I’ve checked fuses, 12V circuit breakers, verified power at the 2 rocker switches, bypassed the switches, troubleshot everything I can think of minus checking the motor controller for that slide because I am yet to locate it. I am thinking it may be in the underbelly but haven’t had the chance to drop it down yet. Can anyone confirm its location or think of something I may be forgetting???

Oregon_Camper

Forum Moderator
Staff member
When you took the switches off (and bypassed them)....was there 12v power on 2 of the wires? One sends power to draw slide out and the other sends power to pull the slide in.

Oregon_Camper

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Wish I could help more. I think the cable slide motor is over the bed...you have to pop off the trim board at the top of the bed to get to the motor.

UPDATE:
I’ve been looking for the motor controller and had previously looked behind the wooden trim piece around the slide, aaaaaand then my tenacious, troubleshooting spirit took control of my body😆. I saw a little cover piece off to the side of the bed against the wall and thought it may be there…….nope. After taking the bed completely loose from the slide and checking under the cover piece the motor wires were going through the wall where the fireplace is on the opposite side. So yeah, the controller is in the dead space under the fireplace. I pressed the motor buttons on the controller, nothing. Took the power loose, checked for voltage, good. Assumed it must be a bad controller, reconnected the power wire and the green LED comes on, hit EXTEND on the switch and out it went!
No idea why it wasn’t working before but at least I know where to look if it happens again.
Now I’ve got to put my camper back together😆

Last edited:

Oregon_Camper

Forum Moderator
Staff member
.......checking under the cover piece the motor wires were going through the wall where the fireplace is on the opposite side. So yeah, the controller is in the dead space under the fireplace.
If it isn't too late...PLEASE take some pictures of exactly where you found it and what it looks like. Might help the next person coming along looking for it. :)

BryanValRox

Congratulations, on your efforts to track this down!
This sounds like it could be a case of loose connections resulting in a voltage drop across the connection when placed under load.
I found numerous spade connection on my 310RL Bedroom slide controller that basically had zero tension when they were place on the controller terminal.
It is important that any electrical connection is tight and securely attached.
Lack of that tension/grip results in voltage drop.
I would suggest you ensure all of those spade sockets take some effort to install them on the spade terminal of the controller.

Fishfnatic

My refrigerator had stopped working and checked fuses on base of refrigerator and pushed them in at least 1/4 inch and started working again. They were not seated completely.

Congratulations, on your efforts to track this down!
This sounds like it could be a case of loose connections resulting in a voltage drop across the connection when placed under load.
I found numerous spade connection on my 310RL Bedroom slide controller that basically had zero tension when they were place on the controller terminal.
It is important that any electrical connection is tight and securely attached.
Lack of that tension/grip results in voltage drop.
I would suggest you ensure all of those spade sockets take some effort to install them on the spade terminal of the controller.
Where might we find it in a Paradigm 390 front bedroom?