• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Tires on 310 RL--Question

GWGibbs

I am new to Alliance Forum and I last week accepted delivery on our New Alliance Paradigm 310 RL. I was thinking the RV would have Goodyear tires but they are Sterling branded tires. Can someone tell me who manufactures Sterling tires? Are these the "China Bomb" tires I have read about?

GWGibbs

That didn't get me an answer as to where these tires are manufactured. Interesting that there is really nothing that I can find on the internet. I looked at the Lionsgate website (located in Goshen, IN) because someone indicated they manufacture the tires. There is no such brand on their website. I am concerned as to their quality. I had "china bombs" on a previous RV and replaced them with Goodyear Endurance when I saw some uneven wear happening. A cousin wasn't so lucky and had a blowout with his which did a fair amount of damage to the skirting on his RV. I am wondering if these tires are also made in China.

Upvote 0

Bozo

That didn't get me an answer as to where these tires are manufactured. Interesting that there is really nothing that I can find on the internet. I looked at the Lionsgate website (located in Goshen, IN) because someone indicated they manufacture the tires. There is no such brand on their website. I am concerned as to their quality. I had "china bombs" on a previous RV and replaced them with Goodyear Endurance when I saw some uneven wear happening. A cousin wasn't so lucky and had a blowout with his which did a fair amount of damage to the skirting on his RV. I am wondering if these tires are also made in China.
yes. Sailun is also Chinese but are comparable to the goodyears. I ran sailun on my daydreamer.That link above shows a smaller 6ply rated tire, at best. I have had those china bombs before and there is a world of difference between those and a 14ply tire.

Upvote 0

GWGibbs

After rooting around on the internet I think I have found that ZhongCE Rubber Co, LTD in Thailand is the manufacturer of the Sterling Tire. I concluded that from the DOT code on the tire sidewall which 00K JL CDN2 3423. This is the same company that makes the Westlake tire. They don't list the Sterling tire on their website so I am not absolutely positive but I believe this is correct that they are the manufacturer based on the code. I will contact Alliance and see if they will confirm.

Upvote 0