• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Timbren Rear Suspension Enhancement System

Donzi98

Hi All,

Has anyone installed the Timbren Rear Suspension Enhancement System on a 2500 Ram? I know that it will not increase the weight limit of the truck but helps with a couple inch drop of the bed of the truck when loaded. Not crazy expensive and I understand it does not affect unloaded ride of the truck.

Thanks, Dave

CornCrib

Not a Ram .. but I have them on my F350 SB. I'm happy with them as they helped make me more level when towing. As you stated, they don't come into play when not towing. Easy to install. (First pic before Timbrens, 2nd after)
1A8591F6-CB86-4A12-9F1F-A77DFBFEFEE6_1_105_c.jpeg
C6EA646D-CFE9-4776-B479-E019143E6891_1_105_c.jpeg
92AFBD3C-1C5F-43DE-B8DB-CC8C9A42FE77_1_105_c.jpeg

Donzi98

Thanks Corncrib. Did they affect the ride much? What is the yellow spacer/spring thingy? BTW, nice trailer. I believe ours is the same. 2023 Avenue.

CornCrib

Helped the ride a bit ... smoothed out the jump over bumps when towing. Mostly, I was aiming to level up the truck and trailer ... it did that well. The yellow is the Ford OEM bump stop that the Timbren replaced ... shown just to demonstrate the difference. The Timbren does not make contact with the peg (or whatever you call it) when not towing, but the gap is now about 3/4" instead of 4". When towing, it's engaged.
9A06CC6E-6FEB-406E-8FE8-E8F298EE46B4_1_105_c.jpeg

Last edited:

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
Helped the ride a bit ... smoothed out the jump over bumps when towing. Mostly, I was aiming to level up the truck and trailer ... it did that well. The yellow is the Ford OEM bump stock that the Timbren replaced ... shown just to demonstrate the difference. The Timbren does not make contact with the peg (or whatever you call it) when not towing, but the gap is now about 3/4" instead of 3-1/4". When towing, it's engaged.
Wow Paul - they made a big difference in your loaded ride height.