• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Tankless Reverse Osmosis System for my 2024 Delta 262RB

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
My son and I just completed 3 Fresh Water system projects in my 2024 Delta 262RB:
  1. Relocation of City Water Inlet and use of the Aquor system (project to be added to its own thread on this forum soon)
  2. Whole Coach Water Filtration System - link
  3. Tankless Reverse Osmosis Water System - documented below
Project
Add Reverse Osmosis Water System to RV

Objective
Process water for drinking, cooking, CPAP, dog-water and ice making

Products
Water Drop 600G Tankless Reverse Osmosis System - link
Water Drop Remineralization Filter (add some taste and body to the product water) - link (to be added soon)
DC Boost Converter - 12V Step Up to 24V 10A 240W (eliminate supplied AC to DC adapter and power from RV 12v DC power) - link

Installation Process
Detail to be added soon

Usage
  • In practice, we use the RO system faucet to fill our drinking water bottles, the dog's water dish, ice cube trays and the humidifiers of our CPAP machines.
  • The system sort of makes RO water on-demand as it doesn't have an external water storage vessel. When it's making RO water, it hums a bit. As such, we've added a power switch to the power supply so we can turn it off at night. We're also planning to add a blue LED power status indicator next to the switch.
  • One really cool thing about this system is the Smart Faucet that came with it. It has a display that shows the current TDS (total dissolved solids - lower is better) and the status of the filters/membrane). With that information, no external water testing is needed to know that the membrane needs to be cleaned or replaced - same for 2 stages of filters.
Maintenance
At some interval, based on usage and the quality of the feed water, the filters and membranes will need to be replaced. Our heavy camping days are behind us, so we're planning on annual replacements. We left sufficient length on the power cord and water lines so we can lift the system up and out of the space and onto the floor for servicing.

Experience / Review
The system has only been installed for 1 day and the only comment thus far is: The water tastes good! When we hit the road in April and use the system more fully, we'll circle back here and add more about our experience.

Pictures
Link to online gallery of all project pictures

Faucets.jpg RO Faucet - Closeup.jpg RO System - Installed.jpg
IMG_3951 2.jpg
IMG_3953 2.jpg

Completed Project Video
Link to Video

Last edited: