• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Soon to be new owners

Corndog

Deb and i just took our 33 RKS out this weekend. We have a bed issue when we got a memory foam king mattress (too big) and hits the dresser. Had to remove the hardware to safely close the slide and and the fridge doors don't lock when you use the lock button. Love the man kitchen and looking forward to more trips. Double check your dimensions if going for another bed. Queen would make it way easier to make up!
Good luck and let's share lessons!

Attachments

• DB85E022-85E4-4C56-B536-A1A1A7658BF3.jpg
    DB85E022-85E4-4C56-B536-A1A1A7658BF3.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 11
  • deb.jpg
    deb.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 12
  • bed 1.jpg
    bed 1.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 11
  • bed 2.jpg
    bed 2.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 9
  • fridge.jpg
    fridge.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 10

Bozo

@Corndog, Yeah, RV king is shorter for sure. I’m hoping mine fits from my trade in. Yours looks to be about 12” thick, is that correct. Only problem I see with that is access to power on night stands In my new valor. We shall see in next day or so.

Corndog

Decided to get a custom mattress after two strikes with a "standard" memory foam and a mattress topper (way big) over the factory mattress. We just want to sleep... I'll share our review once ours comes in....2 weeks holding to build to our actual bed frame size.

Attachments

• foam.jpg
    foam.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 1
  • topper.jpg
    topper.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 1

Bozo

Well, my king bed in my trade was bigger. Seems valor one is 70x80 and only capable of 7” to be under head board and side bed outlets and usb ports. I would have liked to see these on the fronts of stands myself. I’m thinking of modified the head board as well.

No-Ladder

Deb and i just took our 33 RKS out this weekend. We have a bed issue when we got a memory foam king mattress (too big) and hits the dresser. Had to remove the hardware to safely close the slide and and the fridge doors don't lock when you use the lock button. Love the man kitchen and looking forward to more trips. Double check your dimensions if going for another bed. Queen would make it way easier to make up!
Good luck
We used a bungee similar to the one on the bedroom door and wet bay door panel on our fridge. Amazon calls them pocket door holders. As for the bed, we went cheap with a foam topper.

No-Ladder

We used this from amazon to hold fridge doors

Attachments

• 20230828_091245.jpg
    20230828_091245.jpg
    195.1 KB · Views: 3
  • 51O2O7u9Y6L._AC_SX679_.jpg
    51O2O7u9Y6L._AC_SX679_.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 3

Bozo

I have always used Velcro on the fridge doors and will do same on this rig. Easy to hide by putting on top. Freezer could be done on sides.

No-Ladder

We disliked the trim around the fireplace, and since the glass exploded (another story) and it had to come out we decided to replace the trim while the fireplace was out. Peel and stick travertine from Lowes

Attachments

• 20230828_091317.jpg
    20230828_091317.jpg
    358.6 KB · Views: 9

Bozo

Decided to get a custom mattress after two strikes with a "standard" memory foam and a mattress topper (way big) over the factory mattress. We just want to sleep... I'll share our review once ours comes in....2 weeks holding to build to our actual bed frame size.
What did you end up ordering?

SteveH

We recently bought a 33RKS as well. I noticed your comment on the lock button. That only locks the key pad and not the doors themselves. When the slide is in they aren't probably going to open up. Enjoy that man kitchen, Glad I am over 6 foot to use it.