• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

SOLVED - No Power to Plugs from the Inverter

JeffG

Our Paradigm 370FB 120V Plugs from the inverter have no power. The inverter indicates it has DC voltage in (13.2 to 13.9 VDC) and indicates it is producing 122/123 VAC out. However no power to the associated receptacles. The inverter has been cycled off and on several times with no changes. Also, disconnected and reconnected the DC Power to the inverter to "hard boot" the inverter with no changes. Cycled the 120V breaker labeled "Inverter" and no changes. Any tips to continue troubleshooting would be greatly appreciated.

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
Our Paradigm 370FB 120V Plugs from the inverter have no power. The inverter indicates it has DC voltage in (13.2 to 13.9 VDC) and indicates it is producing 122/123 VAC out. However no power to the associated receptacles. The inverter has been cycled off and on several times with no changes. Also, disconnected and reconnected the DC Power to the inverter to "hard boot" the inverter with no changes. Cycled the 120V breaker labeled "Inverter" and no changes. Any tips to continue troubleshooting would be greatly appreciated.

@JeffG - Have you resolved this yet? If not, can you confirm if any of the AC outlets work on Inverted power? Also, what was the DOM (date of manufacture) of your coach?

On my 2022 Paradigm 340RL, there were 7 or so outlets that were inverted - so not the whole coach.

JeffG

@JeffG - Have you resolved this yet? If not, can you confirm if any of the AC outlets work on Inverted power? Also, what was the DOM (date of manufacture) of your coach?

On my 2022 Paradigm 340RL, there were 7 or so outlets that were inverted - so not the whole coach.
Hi Jim and thanks for responding. Yes I found the problem. The load wire ("out" wire from the inverter) leads into a metal J-Box located in the aft end of the basement of our 370FB. Both the hot wire and neutral wire showed signs of overheating. This load wire is connected by wire nut to 5 individual wires providing inverted power to the following items:

1 - Livingroom TV, Stove/Oven, Refrigerator
2 - GFCI Plug on the Kitchen Island
3 - Plug for the recliners
4 - Plugs on each bedroom nightstands
5 - Plug for the bedroom TV

All the wire ends were cleaned and wire nutted back together and secured in the metal J-Box. Checked voltage and proper wire polarity at each accessible plugs and all was good.

The information may be over kill but wanted to get it other there for others to see. If you still need the the exact date of coach manufacture let me know and I will find it. I know it was in January 2022.