• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

SOLVED: How to ensure Solar is Charging Battery with Shore Power is Off

gschwab

I am connected to shore power, but disconnected the battery to shut-off the refrigerator. My question is will the solar and shore power charge the battery? I Don't want it to freeze and do not want the refrigerator on.

Thank you

sjankevicius

Depending on how the disconnect is wired it may not charge the battery. I'd reconnect and turn off the fridge from the front. That way you know you are good.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
I am connected to shore power, but disconnected the battery to shut-off the refrigerator. My question is will the solar and shore power charge the battery? I Don't want it to freeze and do not want the refrigerator on.

Thank you
I suggest you look for the solar charge controller, then follow the positive output wire. If it goes right to the battery and not through the switch, I'd say yes, solar charging will still happen.

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
I figured out how to shut off the refrigerator, that you.
Marking this one SOLVED. Can you share your method for removing power to your refer? And were you able to confirm that in the absence of shore power, that solar is charging the battery? Your learnings could be helpful for others.