• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Slide Top Flap Seals

HarveyTheRV

Can anyone suggest how to get the top slide flap seals to flip out when the slides open. They are conditioned and in good shape but most times will not flip to the out position when the slide is extended.

BryanValRox

Hi there!
Sure can, this is an easy one. Install a seal flipper(technical term I know)! So, our 310RL has thin pieces of plastic or rubber installed on both sides of our kitchen slide out. The concept is that because there are no windows on either side, there is no molding that has to travel under the seal to start the flipping process.
You certainly could do the same for your top seal. You will need to figure out optimal placement so that it works in both directions, but if you get something that has to travel under the seal, it should catch and starting the flipping process until friction can take it the rest of the way.
I would contact Alliance and ask what they use and see if they will sell you some.

Last edited:

CornCrib

I agree with BryanValRox above .. I had to do this the top of my slide sides to make sure they always "flipped out" Got a couple of pieces from my dealer (they just gave them to me when I described what I was doing) and used a little adhesive. 5 min. mod.