• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Slide to the left, now to the Right. ;)

Havic406

New to the slide out game and wondering if they have stops. How do you know when it's all the way out or in? Last night for the first time I slide in to close up and it got slower as it got tight and I stopped but this morning I'm looking at the outside and the bottom isnt as tight as the top so I wonder if I should have kept going but then don't want to damage something.
I was also told to always go all the way in or out, never half way cause it could put them out of calibration.
Any other tips tricks I should know now at the beginning of my slide journey?
Thanks folks..

Bozo

All in and all out. Hydraulic slide, you’ll hear the sound change, as well as the others. Not sure why alliance felt the need to use 3 different mechanisms on my valor, but it is what it is. Remember, all in and out.

Bozo

That is correct on the hydraulic slides. I question the use of 3 different mechanisms on the same coach though. All three slides on my daydreamer were hydraulic. I know the hydraulics are used for the heavier slide units, almost exclusively.