• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Slide out seperation?

Likin' Bikin'

Recently adjusted our LR slideout, 2022 Paradigm 340RL. About 3/8" outward adjustment, to try and get floor out farther and reduce height at the interface. After arriving at next stop I told my wife I wanted to watch the slide operate, especially the end near the door. I stuck my head inside as I noticed some excessive movement (I thought) in the ski I just reinstalled. That is when I saw a gap between the floor and the side wall of the slide out, prob about 3/8", at the interior end. Went ahead and had my wife run the slide out, as I went from inside to out to monitor. The gap closed up, but it seems obvious the end wall is pulling loose at the bottom. Any ideas on what causing, and how to fix?

One pic shows the flooring pulling out from under the end wall. The others are to show resulting clearances with slide fully extended, and the location of the floor edge of the slide out.

Attachments

• 20230722_142105.jpg
    20230722_142105.jpg
    466.5 KB · Views: 83
  • 20230722_141932.jpg
    20230722_141932.jpg
    548.1 KB · Views: 82
  • 20230722_142045.jpg
    20230722_142045.jpg
    534.2 KB · Views: 79

GriffLab

Poor design, poor construction. Not sure. Here’s a pic of our 2023 310RL. Been on 3 total camping trips. At the dealer now we will see how it’s resolved. Right now. Very disappointed.

IMG_2424.jpeg

Likin' Bikin'

So sorry to see that, hopefully Alliance gets you back together and out on the road.
AND figures out what the heck is going on.

GriffLab

Hi Bikin',

Alliance and our dealer have been very receptive and quick acting to our issues. We are very experienced RVers and have realistic expectations concerning these rigs. For the money we spend I expect to not have these initial issues from a "High End, Luxury" fifth wheel.

We really do love everything our 310 offers and hope this ends our problems.

Take Care and Safe Travels,

Rawn

Still waiting on photos from the dealer but after one camping trip, among many other problems, our 37MBR has a "stress crack" on the kitchen slide. I'm told they need to bring out a welder and painter to fix. More disturbing, they claim they've seen 3 other Alliances with the same problem.

GriffLab

Follow up:

Wanted to be fair and give some info on how things turned out. The dealer addressed all our issues in a timely manner. We are on our first trip since repairs and all is well. Props to Alliance and our dealer for nice work!

Oregon_Camper

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Follow up:

Wanted to be fair and give some info on how things turned out. The dealer addressed all our issues in a timely manner. We are on our first trip since repairs and all is well. Props to Alliance and our dealer for nice work!
Thanks for following up....great to hear things were taken care of. :)

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
@Likin' Bikin' - I am not qualified to speak to your slide issue, sorry about that. But I did see on the black plastic wear bar, that one of those screw heads is proud of the top of the wear bar. Best to remove it, countersink the hole, the put the screw back.
I learned the hard way that screw heads proud of the wear bar will tear the slide floor bottom up real good.

Bozo

The more I read, the more I find on my unit, the more I feel that I traded one bucket of …. for more of the same. I believe I have taken it out 3 times for maybe 350miles total, and been at dealer twice….still there this time for 3-1/2 weeks. I will certainly keep an eye on the slides for sure.

Followteambs

Any pics of yours?

any pics of yours? What year valor?
I actually looked closer at the picture and ours isn’t doing exactly the same thing, ours is actually not fully extending but I don’t see this same issue. We have a 2021. I’ll post a pic of what ours is doing when I get back to it.

Knuth123

I had issues with the front not fully extending and then seemed to suck too far in.

I had to adjust the front track so it extended and retracted evenly.

As far as my skid ski splitting apart. I bought updated ski's from Alliance. However I'm not sure I like the updated style. I believe I'm gonna buy the rec-pro set, as I like the taped front better.

Knuth123

Follow up:

Do you happen to know how or if they attached the floor to the slide wall frame before they replaced the ski?