• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Sink Drain Pump

claudiamal95

Hello we are new owners to an Alliance Avenue. Our sink has a switch under it for a pump to drain out the water after washing dishes. It recently stopped working, I checked the fuses and everything is fine but I still can’t get it to come on anyone know where I can replace it or get help. I’ve checked owners manuals and nothing about that pump.

bevilches

Hello we are new owners to an Alliance Avenue. Our sink has a switch under it for a pump to drain out the water after washing dishes. It recently stopped working, I checked the fuses and everything is fine but I still can’t get it to come on anyone know where I can replace it or get help. I’ve checked owners manuals and nothing about that pump.
I have the same issue. Has anyone been able to help with the sink drain pump not working?

BryanValRox

Morning folks, while I am not familiar with this set up, have you used a multimeter to measure the voltage and ground circuits that attach to the pump? Have you check to be sure your switch is actually passing voltage to the pump motor.
During your checks , ensure you are referencing your meter leads to the two pump wires. If either the power or the ground is missing, it will prevent operation. I assume that this would be a 12v circuit. If you have a complete circuit at the pump, you might try jumping a pair of test leads to the pump from a battery just to help rule out a possible voltage drop. If it still doesn’t work it would validate a defective pump.

bevilches

Morning folks, while I am not familiar with this set up, have you used a multimeter to measure the voltage and ground circuits that attach to the pump? Have you check to be sure your switch is actually passing voltage to the pump motor.
During your checks , ensure you are referencing your meter leads to the two pump wires. If either the power or the ground is missing, it will prevent operation. I assume that this would be a 12v circuit. If you have a complete circuit at the pump, you might try jumping a pair of test leads to the pump from a battery just to help rule out a possible voltage drop. If it still doesn’t work it would validate a defective pump.
I will check voltages next. I was hoping it was something simple, as I see ~6 other posts here and on FB with the same issue. I will also call Alliance to see if they are aware and what service will do to help troubleshoot, then will repost what fixed this.

Mike in North Wales

I would start with Alliance, especially if you see that many identical issues. They may be able to direct you to a common problem. But it wouldn't hurt to do what Bryan suggested so you have that info when you speak/email with Alliance.

bevilches

Found that it was a blown fuse. Needed 2 people to verify which fuse. When activating switch by sink, other person at the fuse/circuit panel can see the red light, indicating which fuse was blown (15a)

BryanValRox

Congratulations on resolving your issue. Remember, fuses blow for a reason,(high current draw), so be sure to keep an eye on things and if it repeats itself, there is very likely more troubleshooting to complete.
Thanks for following back up with your findings.