• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Sealant Replacment

bhidalgo

What is the most efficient way to remove old, peeling sealant from outside walls/joints? We have a '22 310RL, and already, I have to reseal the outside along walls and framing. It's a sticky mess, to say the least, just to remove what is there. Resealing access panels on NAVY aircraft was a breeze compared to the mess I have already encountered on our rig.

What sealant to use? I have silicone temporarily in a few spots..

Thanks.

MorPep

We have a 2022 310RL with the same sealant issue. I haven't tried to correct it yet but I'm assuming clear silicone should work providing the surfaces are cleaned thoroughly first. The black plastic trim moulding under the front section is coming apart too.

Attachments

• 20240309_124014.jpg
    20240309_124014.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 6
  • 20240309_124026.jpg
    20240309_124026.jpg
    940.2 KB · Views: 6

Terri&KevinGates

We have a 2022 310RL with the same sealant issue. I haven't tried to correct it yet but I'm assuming clear silicone should work providing the surfaces are cleaned thoroughly first. The black plastic trim moulding under the front section is coming apart too.
That is just a cover for the screws that hold the trim on and it should just snap back in unless they cut it too short and it is stuck on one end or the other. The day we picked ours up i looked in the mirror and thought i had a string stuck under the left side of the nose. We stopped at a rest area and it was the caulk for that trim piece. When we got it home I used a can of Flex Shot Caulk and resealed it. It’s been almost a year and a half and it’s holding up well. I’ve used it on several other areas as well. Cleaned the spots with rubbing alcohol. image.jpg

Terri&KevinGates

What is the most efficient way to remove old, peeling sealant from outside walls/joints? We have a '22 310RL, and already, I have to reseal the outside along walls and framing. It's a sticky mess, to say the least, just to remove what is there. Resealing access panels on NAVY aircraft was a breeze compared to the mess I have already encountered on our rig.

What sealant to use? I have silicone temporarily in a few spots..

Thanks.
It seems that whatever they used didn’t cure completely. I used a plastic putty knife to get most of it and then rubbing alcohol to clean it the best i could. Flex shot clear silicone has been holding up.