• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

safety recall 23V701 for my 370FB

RockDr896

FYI....I was supposed to take my unit to a dealer to fix a wire nut connection on the solar panels on the roof. Luckily, I got up there and pulled the cover. It was a simple fix and wasn't going to go through the hassle of a dealership. It turns out, I saved myself a lot of time. My unit did not have the issue. So if you are so inclined, you may want to look at this before losing your rig to a dealership and losing the time taking it back and forth.

Attachments

• Safety recall fix - Not needed - Copy.png
    Safety recall fix - Not needed - Copy.png
    781.3 KB · Views: 17

RockDr896

Up date to the recall fix. I sent the above picture to Alliance and they told me that it wasn't fixed, since the wire nuts are actually 12 inches into the ceiling. I couldn't pull that much from the top. I am glad that I pulled the roof cover though, because the only thing holding the cover on was the sealant. ALL THE SCREWS were stripped. This has been a common occurrence on my RV. They really need to up size their screws to something with greater clamping strength and sometimes length.

I was able to access the wiring through the light can in the bedroom on my 370FB. The lights are low profile LED's and simply have spring clips, so don't be afraid to pull on them.

Luckily, I must of had the A team wire mine, It was done correctly. So, before you take your RV to the dealer, you may be able to inspect or fix this issue from the inside of you unit.

Attachments

• 1707311627506.png
    1707311627506.png
    1,005.8 KB · Views: 11
  • 1707311662165.png
    1707311662165.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 11