• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

RV Sub-Floor observations

johnda98

must be a frame .. aluminum ? that the plywood sits on ? with OSB in bottom(wrapped)

must be like 2inches ? height .. (to accommodate the tops of tanks - piping/ wiring harnesses lay ontop of tanks ? so all those sit proud above the steel I-beam height and fit into that 2inch subfloor sandwich

just visualizing - in case I have to get my nose in the underbelly to inspect anything.. or to find room to run any mods- wires/conduits.

Last edited:

johnda98

oh it sits on the I-beam .. oh.. so the plumbing and wire harnesses sit in conduits or channels in the aluminum framing of the floor ? 2inches deep .. sounds good.. as that maximizes interior height.

the only weakness I see is that frame slight movements and rails.. can and has popped out.. let drop out.. some of those fixin nail spikes that they use to attach underbelly.. 1 drop out.. blow tires.. like it did on the Missouri 42-13 delivery to Dealer.

self tappers/ or same as the other screws used for the seviceable areas of underbelly.. they deserve screws not spikes.. I would kindly suggest..
less liability for Alliance also.. BUT few more minutes for the guys to attach - than shooting in nail spikes.

probably 2K$+ or so for Springfield Dealer to fix up that 42-13 wheel trim.. damaged slide valve.. lost waste cap.. and 2 new tires to OEM spec.

other than that.. I'd say a superior product .. most wise buyers avoid the fancy paint jobs of the pre-owned so called other OEMs luxury designs.. I agree.. yep tell to Owners.. yes 'the cost of Quality, is priceless'

Quality is about 'caring' than simply say a 'quality' paint job... yes Bob Pirsigs' philosophy book 'lila' should be mandated reading for ALL Alliance staff.. they'd enjoy it. The caring 'emotion' that Engineers put into the Coach build actually shines through.. difficult to understand that.. but its true.. Bob Pirsigs' first book... 'Zen and the Art of Motorcycle maintenance' .. which you may remember ... mid 70s.. yes proofs that fabricators whom care emotionally about their product is actually 'felt' and seen by the buyer.

sounds odd.. but very true.

Good work .. I like the 41-15 payload capacity.. and build.. soon as my house sells.. I'm buying, probably new, def Solar plus.