• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

RV keys - are they all the same?

castore357

I'd like to put a rumor to rest or confirm.
I was told by a relative (who also owns an rv), that all rv's built in a particular yr by a company (i.e. alliance) are all keyed alike. Is this true?
Example:
All 2024 Alliance Valor would have the same keys.

Focker

I'd like to put a rumor to rest or confirm.
I was told by a relative (who also owns an rv), that all rv's built in a particular yr by a company (i.e. alliance) are all keyed alike. Is this true?
Example:
All 2024 Alliance Valor would have the same keys.
It is very likely.

kmac7800

I do not believe that to be true. Having said that, there are few key combinations with the type of lock that is used.

//KMac

Mike in North Wales

In the past, across manufacturers, everyone could have had the same compartment key, like a CH751. The entry door would have been different. Dealerships had master keys that would work on the paddle latch, but not the deadbolt. I imagine they still do.

With the one key system, there are many more key codes, so no, they aren't all alike.

Focker

I do not believe that to be true. Having said that, there are few key combinations with the type of lock that is used.

//KMac
I can tell you that most people who got a Valor in 2021 had a combination Bauer 257 and CH751 for most of the storage doors/leveling/gas/compressor with the rear ramp being a Bauer 253. Saying this means I respectfully disagree with you.