• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Recommendations for Gettysburg, PA

Greetings fellow Allies. I am planning a trip to surprise my Wife for our 20th Wedding anniversary. She love history and the civil war and has always wanted to go to Gettysburg. I am hoping to give her this dream trip. Does anyone have any recommendations for campgrounds with full hookups and that are kid and pet friendly and close to the historic sites? Thanks in advance

BryanValRox

You might consider Drummerboy. It is close to the historic sites and has lots to offer. It is a large campground. Check it out on the web. One word of caution, scope your site out carefully. Some are tighter then others and there is an area that is along route 15 that can be busy. I have read reviews with folks complaning about the road noise.

We stayed there a few years ago in a cabin. Friends took their TT and found their site more than adequate to meet their needs.

We even did a nightly ghost tour downtown, good times had by all!

You might try to book early depending what time of the year your planning on.

Grassjohn

We head to Gettysburg a couple times every year, and have stayed at the KOA (a little tight but all the standard features), Round Top (also extends down to the highway, Rt 15 choose carefully), Drummer Boy (pretty good overall), and we’ve been going to Granite Hill pretty much every time since about 2012 or so. Sites B1 through B10 are definitely big-rig friendly and you are up on a hill with a great view. We start our season up there around Easter every year, and frequently end our season there around Veterans Day.
And by the way, the battlefield museum is outstanding, a must see and easily a whole day for history buffs. On the battlefield, they were renovating the real Roundtop, so you couldn’t get up there - but it may be complete by now.

BryanValRox

Thanks Grassjohn, sounds like I need to check out Granite Hill and place it on our growing list of extended weekend trips.

Last edited:

JWalker

We have had a few Rallies at DrummerBoy. Nice place. Easy access of rt 15. We stayed in the back pull-thru sites. Pretty far from the entrance of the campground though.

BryanValRox

Gettysburg Battlefield Resort is another possibility in that area. While we have no direct experience with staying there, friends of ours speak highly of it.
They did mention something about “Some Free Camping” if you sit through some sort of sales presentation. Not sure that is a requirement to stay there, but feels like if you want to participate in the giveaway, you have to sit thru the presentation.

Terri&KevinGates

Gettysburg Battlefield Resort is a Travel Resorts of America campground. We are members and stay there in March on our way home to NE Pennsylvania. About half full hookup so depending on when you go it might be hard to get full hookups. We like it there. They usually do 4 day 3 nights for the sales presentations. You can also stay there through coast to coast.