• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Questions on slide toppers

Ii have recently purchased a 32RLS and am looking for advice on slide toppers. We have one on our travel trailer and only issue was from dealer they didn't reinforce the fabric when installing and 1 day we noticed it was just haning there as in the glue had come apart and unwoven intself. My wife and I fixed that and hasn't had any issues in past 3 years.

My questions is that is I install them at dealer that are $720 each. Should I have them installed by a mobile guy that does Care free slide toppers? They have slide brackets from factory on slide. I'm worries I'll have dame issue or they will remove that bracket and install lipper, etc with new screws... I don't want more holes than needed.

Sorry for long post, just trying to get ideas. How long is each slide of the 3 flange to flange... anybody know?

Thanks,

Ryan

Mazboy

I'm a little confused on what you are asking. but, anyone can install the slide toppers. and we like ours. we've always had them installed at dealers but anyone can install them...if they know what they are doing.

I think I made my question more wordy. I appreciate your input. Just seems like a lot for slide toppers $2100 for 3. Just had bad experience last dealer that installed mine.

Mazboy

i think we paid about $1500 for our last slide covers. i guess go to the dealer and assess what they are doing. the price your quoting would not be to far out of line with inflation these days.

NYCescapee

I'm not a fan of slide toppers. Almost every time we camp, we see someone replacing theirs after a wind gust. I just blow off sides with my leaf blower.

Bozo

Properly installed slide toppers have always worked well for us. I replaced one on my last camper due to a mishap while camping…..but not because of the wind.

Thanks for everyone's help. I think we are just going to have dealer install the toppers. Hadn1 on last rv and besides dealer incorrectly installing initially... worked great!

Ryan