• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Puzzling electrical problem

fyrmnjim

Member
Hi all,
I'm camp hosting at Padre Island NS. I have a 50a hookup. I was running the AC and electric water heater and other misc outlets. I heard a "pop" and the AC and all my control panel power, fan switches, refrigerator, and lighting went out. However, all my 120 outlets and microwave are still powered. The surge protector says I'm missing L1, but my meter reads 125 to both poles. All breakers, fuses, and gfi are good. I'm about 40 miles from the nearest dealer.
Any suggestions would be a great help.
Thanks, Jim
 

fyrmnjim

Member
I think it's the converter. Bought a vary charger and it seems to be workinggood enough for now. I'll have the shop test It when I get home.
 

Oregon_Camper

Forum Admin
Staff member
I think it's the converter. Bought a vary charger and it seems to be workinggood enough for now. I'll have the shop test It when I get home.
Do you mean inverter? The converter only takes in 120v and makes 12v DC power. It would have nothing to do with losing 120v power in the RV.
 
Top