• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Protective Sealant advice

Robinson1950

Hi ya'll. I am purchasing a Delta 262rb at the end of the month. The sales rep strongly advised we apply the environmental protective sealant on the new RV ($1400.00). Has anyone paid to have this done and if so what is your take on it? I am told it helps block the suns damaging rays that will cause the outside walls to fade. Does it work and are satisficed with the result? Thanks for any advice in advance.

BryanValRox

Hi folks and congratulations on your purchase. I decided to decline this sealant during our settlement.
I think it come down to a personal decision on how much time you want to invest in applying a good quality wax or coating yourself.
I just completed waxing our 310 RL this past weekend. Honestly, it is a big task!
Our friends bought a new Delta RK and opted for the sealant purchase. They seem happy with its performance so far, but time will be the ultimate test.
Based on our friends experience, I will caution you if you proceed with the protection, make sure that you request that the Dealership remove all of the numerous advertising stickers, prior to applying the coating. Our friends were less than thrilled that the dealer didn’t think to remove these stickers prior to the application. Leaving the area under these stickers without the protection. They opted for an off the shelf product for the touch up work.
This would see like common sense, but obviously not in this case.

Robinson1950

Hi folks and congratulations on your purchase. I decided to decline this sealant during our settlement.
I think it come down to a personal decision on how much time you want to invest in applying a good quality wax or coating yourself.
I just completed waxing our 310 RL this past weekend. Honestly, it is a big task!
Our friends bought a new Delta RK and opted for the sealant purchase. They seem happy with its performance so far, but time will be the ultimate test.
Based on our friends experience, I will caution you if you proceed with the protection, make sure that you request that the Dealership remove all of the numerous advertising stickers, prior to applying the coating. Our friends were less than thrilled that the dealer didn’t think to remove these stickers prior to the application. Leaving the area under these stickers without the protection. They opted for an off the shelf product for the touch up work.
This would see like common sense, but obviously not in this case.
Thank-you for the extensive reply and advice Brian. No way am I going to try and wax this monster, I applaud your tenacity. Another consideration is we plan on keeping it in a large shed when not in use instead of leaving it in a RV graveyard. That in itself will keep it out of the suns harmful rays. Wife just can't see spending the $1400 if it is kept under cover when not in use. Thanks again for taking the time to present your view.