• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Propane refrigerators what year/models?

DanNJanice

Hi all,
I am new to this forum my wife and I are considering a purchase of the Avenue 32RLS. We boondock about 75% of the time and live in the PNW (think overcast and trees). We have found that the 2023 Avenue does not offer an option for an absorption refrigerator. The dealers have tried to spin the DC compressor refrigerators as a good alternative (and they are quite efficient), but if you really crunch the numbers, they just won't work unless you are willing to run the genny daily or live in the Mohave desert.
Does anyone know what year Alliance removed the option for an absorption refrigerator? We might consider a slightly used one if it had that option.
Thanks,
DanNJanice

Oregon_Camper

Forum Moderator
Staff member
We are in same situation. We are picking up our 340RL in late May and it only has option for 12v. Now, we have 810 amp hours of Lithium Battle Born batteries and I will install just under 3,000 watts of solar on the roof, so I think we will be ok. I do still wish there was an option for absorption refrigerator. I also plan on adding dual 40amp DC-to-DC charger in our F-450, so that will help a lot on tow days.

Oregon_Camper

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Wow! That is some serious solar/battery power!
Yea, but here in PNW (Oregon) we love our remote camping sites, but that brings a lot of trees (which is a good thing) so we have a lot of solar and battery power.

For those not from PNW....this is what I mean. :)

20220810_161031.jpg

DanNJanice

I thought I would answer my own question for other people's benefit.
I found out from Alliance that they stopped selling the propane refrigerators with the 2022 model year. Beginning in 2023 they no longer offer this, even as an option.
Fortunately, I found one dealership in Sacramento that still had an unused 2022 with the propane refrigerator. So, the first week of April I will be going down to pick it up.

Oregon_Camper

Forum Moderator
Staff member
I thought I would answer my own question for other people's benefit.
I found out from Alliance that they stopped selling the propane refrigerators with the 2022 model year. Beginning in 2023 they no longer offer this, even as an option.
Fortunately, I found one dealership in Sacramento that still had an unused 2022 with the propane refrigerator. So, the first week of April I will be going down to pick it up.
Nice find!! Congrats. :)