• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

problems with outside led fuel levels ? reset/calibration ?

johnda98

firstly the sensors were routed to/from wrong tanks.. swapped over.. better.

luckily front tank was plumbed to the genset.. cool.

back tank sensor showed all green ..FULL .. when it was almost empty

anyone know how to re-calibrate ? .. unplugged its 12V and now both levels show full when genset is 1/3 full and toy tank is empty.

thanks guys
-------- update - Solved.. unplug behind .. swap sensors.. then toy tank came alive.. ensure fully seated tank sensor inputs - these had worked loose.. The build guys wrap those 2 sensors wires in a harness .. zip tied up.. and easy to pick the wrong plug for the wrong tank.

Last edited:

rglow314

I had same problem- 1) unplug power to panel 2) swap sending unit leads 3) plug power back in and they should read correctly.
These are instructions I received from manufacture when I call them.

Focker

Are you sure they are plugged in correctly? If you plug in the one I have marked "do not use" you will get incorrect readings.
Make sure you are set up like this:

IMG_6486-X2.jpg

JandKRip

Our Valor doesn't register either. We are less than 60 days into ownership and it's back at the dealer for repairs.

johnda98

Our Valor doesn't register either. We are less than 60 days into ownership and it's back at the dealer for repairs.
yep.. its one square blob to 5 gallons in each 30 gal tank. which is fine.. mine works well now I switched over the connections.. take a look under neath the valance.. you'll see.. and I protect all the spade connectors with Zip tape - from moisture etc.

you'll need to put 10 gallons or so into the genset tank.. as the straw is set higher than you think from base of tank.. for good reason.. sediment.. etc.. if you dont put enough fuel in the genset will not prime and you'll burn out the startermotor if you keep trying

my tank guages work fine now.. pump also. yes.. give the guages time to respond and you pour in 5gal+