• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Power Cord Male End

Mazboy

I've spoken to several Alliance owners, all who have had the male end of their power cord separate from the outer cover. Is this an issue with Alliance? I would like Alliance to replace my power cord.

Focker

Mine has not separated and has been used dozens of times. Has your cord actually separated or is your desire to be proactive?

Mazboy

It is the outside black cover of the 50 amp cord that has pulled away from the head. it still works but I'm concerned about how long.

Focker

I am sure if you call Alliance they will send you the parts or have a tech come and do the repair for you. It should be fairly easy to fix just that end I would think.
On a side note, I know some folks are liking the RV Smart Plug:

John G

Mine has done this also. We have a 2023 Paradigm 295MK. I have some Scotch 2228 moisture sealing electrical tape and was thinking about using this to fix the problem. I have used this for my landscaping light and they are buried and subjected to water all the time, so I'm thinking about giving it a go.

bhidalgo

I bought a new cable from TechnoRV and kept the original from Alliance as a last-resort backup.