• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Plans for my network in my 395DS (MoCA)

ralbrightii

Just purchased my Paradigm 395DS, and while I was in the planning phase, I recalled something that I had not thought about in a while. MoCA. In a nutshell, MoCA allows you to transmit ethernet across coax cable, and it also work in point to multi-point configuration. So, I am adding MoCA to my trailer, behind each TV will have a small MoCA adapter (and if needed, a small network switch). All of my network headend gear is going to live in my basement behind the removable wall. What this will allow me is 2.5Gbps transmission speed cabled around my trailer to all items that need it.

Ben and Kathy

Just purchased my Paradigm 395DS, and while I was in the planning phase, I recalled something that I had not thought about in a while. MoCA. In a nutshell, MoCA allows you to transmit ethernet across coax cable, and it also work in point to multi-point configuration. So, I am adding MoCA to my trailer, behind each TV will have a small MoCA adapter (and if needed, a small network switch). All of my network headend gear is going to live in my basement behind the removable wall. What this will allow me is 2.5Gbps transmission speed cabled around my trailer to all items that need it.
I'm doing the same thing and also traditional Cat5e cable. Found some 12v 5 port ethernet switches. Also adding "patch" cables between the front pass through and a rear compartment for the times that I need to put the T-Mobile Router back there when I put a 4x4 MiMo up on a flagpole buddy.

ralbrightii

So I figured I would add information, I have been running the MoCA network in my fifth wheel for a week now and it work VERY well. The master unit is with my Pepwave Peplink router in my passthrough (behind the access panel) with cabling for the antenna routed to the roof and inside of the Weingard antenna (massive thing that is 95% hollow inside). Works VERY well so far. Delivers GREAT internet to all three TVs in my Paradigm 395DS, and with a gigabit switch behind the main living room TV, I have cabled internet to my main desktop computer.