• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Paradigm Entry Door Replacement

paliua

Does anyone have any experience replacing the entry door to the Paradigm? Alliance sent me a new door (frame included), but no information about what is need to weather proof it. Do I need a sealant or gasket? Any idea what type of sealant? This is new to me, so any information is greatly appreciated!

Whitewolf

If you haven't already, you probably contact Alliance. Replacing the door should be pretty straightforward, but I can understand wanting a sealant on the outside.

Did you get your entry door replaced? Mine needs to be but I am getting a run around with Lippert(who makes the door) and Alliance. Our RV is 2 months old and been a problem since buying it.

Bozo

Did you get your entry door replaced? Mine needs to be but I am getting a run around with Lippert(who makes the door) and Alliance. Our RV is 2 months old and been a problem since buying it.
What problem are you having with entry door?

Bozo

I just replaced the b.s. friction hinges on my entry that were binding and twisting door frame. Also ended up adjusting steps….alliance had them positioned so the bottom of door bound on the top plate when shutting door as well. No more slamming the door on my unit. Smooth as butter. Still need to do the garage entry door, but another day and a new dremel stone.

bhidalgo

OH boy, this brings back some bad memories for me with our '22 310RL last year. The door would not stay shut; it opened up on us 2x on the highway! [Pucker factor of 10 as a result!!] It took "4" separate door shipments over four months before we got a replacement door that did not have a bent frame and closed properly. No more slamming like you want to take the door off the hinges. No more [so far] random fresh air ventilating of the rig on the road, either.

Oregon_Camper

Forum Moderator
Staff member
I just replaced the b.s. friction hinges on my entry that were binding and twisting door frame. Also ended up adjusting steps….alliance had them positioned so the bottom of door bound on the top plate when shutting door as well. No more slamming the door on my unit. Smooth as butter. Still need to do the garage entry door, but another day and a new dremel stone.
What exactly did you do to adjust the steps? Just lowering/rasing the landing feet?

Bozo

What exactly did you do to adjust the steps? Just lowering/rasing the landing feet?
No, actually moved the mounting plate in 1/4”. Not much, but solved the binding problem at the bottom of the door. I am not big on stopping to take pictures when I see an obvious solution/fix. I should change that.

They are finally replacing the entire door, extremely warped. Just waiting on them to ship door to warranty repair tech then come out and replace!

Sorry to hear.... gonna hopefully get it replaced on Sat. Have had tthis issue since picking it up on Dec 5th. Probably takes about 2 months to get it approved... depends who is installing and if Lippert/Alliance agrees.

Mike in North Wales

Hey, everyone with entry door issues!
Early in our ownership of our 2023 310RL we thought we had a faulty door. It would stick when we tried to open it, and it would bind when closing, sometimes just bouncing open without latching. It sounded like everyone else's problems. No, it never flew open while driving, thankfully! When I looked it over, I found that one, yes ONE screw head on the door was touching the frame when closed. I replaced the round head screw with a flat head countersunk into the edge of the door and the problem was solved.

Moral of the story- look for the easy stuff first. It's easy to get wrapped up in the "problem of the month" that is so common on brand or model-specific forums. I have a Power Wagon, and I had so many catastrophic issues until I realized I didn't always experience everything I read. I hope this makes sense.
17105104439076669617008191243759.jpg17105105787298954304815967364914.jpg

Fishfnatic

Screw head was rubbing on mine but even though closed better without striker plate it still is not right. We are using without striker plate. Feels like inside door handle going to pull off you have to pull so hard to close.

Bozo

On mine, the steps were mounted too far out by about a 1/4” causing bottom of door to bind. I moved steps in and solved that problem. Only problem now is the expansion in direct sun causes binding with the striker plate area. I flattened the plate and it helped, but still drags on screws. I am going to try riveting the striker plate into position for this problem in the next week or so.

Fishfnatic

I bought the rivets and screw gun but waiting on alliance warranty before doing. Did not want to mess with it while under warranty. A dealer told me cutout on trailer was too tight for door. Said there was no space around door frame. I don’t know.

Bozo

I bought the rivets and screw gun but waiting on alliance warranty before doing. Did not want to mess with it while under warranty. A dealer told me cutout on trailer was too tight for door. Said there was no space around door frame. I don’t know.
If true, sounds like that ”fix” would necessitate major surgery unless just the skin is not cut out enough. If framing is too tight, another animal all together.