• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Opening a claim

jamr

New member
I'm having trouble getting a timely response to a critical issue on our new (less than 2 weeks old) 5th wheel. The electric waste values are blowing fuses and won't open. How long does it take to get a claim number on what should be covered under warranty?
 

Oregon_Camper

Forum Admin
Staff member
Once you submit your info (VIN and what is wrong) to service@alliance.com it takes up to 48 hrs for a response. Note...this is a VERY busy week at Alliance with the Hersey RV show underway.

Guessing your dealer isn't helpful? Does the fuse blow only when you press the switch? Have you pulled the panel down to see if there is a lose wire to the switch? I don't have electrics valves, so pardon the question. You said fuses and valves. Are all valves fused seperatly? Both grey and black valves are blowing 12v fuses?
 

Oregon_Camper

Forum Admin
Staff member
Oh...were you able to locate the manual override? Most electric waste valves (such as Valterra or Barker models) have a physical T-handle or a hex nut on the bottom of the motor housing. Use this manual handle to pull or crank the valve open so you can empty the tanks immediately.

Wonder if they got stuck and manually opening/closing them a few times might break them lose and then electric valves might work. :unsure::unsure:
 

jamr

New member
Oh...were you able to locate the manual override? Most electric waste valves (such as Valterra or Barker models) have a physical T-handle or a hex nut on the bottom of the motor housing. Use this manual handle to pull or crank the valve open so you can empty the tanks immediately.

Wonder if they got stuck and manually opening/closing them a few times might break them lose and then electric valves might work. :unsure::unsure:
Yes, 3 waste tanks are fused separately. The motors are suppose to only need 2.5 amps but the fuses are 4 amps.
Yes, I've been able to locate the valves and attempted to do a manual override. What I'm experiencing is the valves will periodically bind, preventing me from opening, or worse close them.
 

2 Allies

Prominent Member
While you are working through your issues, I suggest you get a Valterra twist on valve at your hook up point to ensure you do not have a poopsie.

Congratulations and Welcome! You will get it worked out.
 

Oregon_Camper

Forum Admin
Staff member
Yes, 3 waste tanks are fused separately. The motors are suppose to only need 2.5 amps but the fuses are 4 amps.
Yes, I've been able to locate the valves and attempted to do a manual override. What I'm experiencing is the valves will periodically bind, preventing me from opening, or worse close them.
take a few pictures...perhaps even a video clip of this issue. Then send to Alliance. They might have a fix for this...therefore helping you avoid a dealership trip. At least you found the issue with the binding up and know it isn't a wiring issue.
 

schmarti

Member
I'm having trouble getting a timely response to a critical issue on our new (less than 2 weeks old) 5th wheel. The electric waste values are blowing fuses and won't open. How long does it take to get a claim number on what should be covered under warranty?
Did you use the form on the website? I have had a few claims and I usually get an email from a Customer Service Admin in a day letting me know that a Warranty rep will respond in 2 business days. But beware, I think you need to open a separate claim for each issue. I have had a hard time getting more than one issue addressed at a time.
 
Top