• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Onboard generator?

Knuth123

I'm looking to add an onboard generator in my 40v13. My unit was built with the full solar package and no onbaord generator.

I was looking into the cummins onan 7000 and they're on national back order. I believe the optional generator would've been a 5500 cummins onan.

The generator dealer has pointed ke toward an RVMP. Link attached below.

Does anyone have any experience with these generators and is the 5500 enough to run the ac system in my unit?

Thanks

HelotesAg

I have the factory installed Onan 5500 and I can run all 3 ACs (I have a 310 RL) in the middle of a concrete parking lot for our football tailgating. We tailgate in College Station and if you've never been to College Station in September - it's HOT! We had a guest try to run a hairdryer with us one morning without telling me and it overloaded the gen. We reset it and was able to do the hairdryer and 2 ACs just fine. I'm not familiar with the one you linked though.

Knuth123

That's good information. I'm mainly worried about running all 3 ac units during the night. During the day I'm fine with only running the main ac and other electric items.