• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Norcold N20DCSS E4 Error

Tony M

Hey there, New Alliance Paradigm 370FB owner and new to the forum. My Norcold N20DCSS refridgerator is throwing an E4 error. Usually happens at the same time the freezer becomes impossible to open. The E4 error and frozen freezer door usually fixes itself after a few minutes. Any idea as to what can be causing this issue? Thanks for the help!

Oregon_Camper

Forum Moderator
Staff member
E4 is error code for door open. You can hold the refrigerator button down for 2-3 seconds and it will mute the sound

Hey there, New Alliance Paradigm 370FB owner and new to the forum. My Norcold N20DCSS refridgerator is throwing an E4 error. Usually happens at the same time the freezer becomes impossible to open. The E4 error and frozen freezer door usually fixes itself after a few minutes. Any idea as to what can be causing this issue? Thanks for the help!
Hey Tony, we were having the same E4 issue after opening the freezer door and even randomly during the day. There is a magnet for the door contact on the bottom right side of the freezer door that I extended about 3/8” with longer screws that lined up the magnet with the contact much better. Haven’t had an E4 issue since doing that👍🏼

Last edited:

Oregon_Camper

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Hey Tony, we were having the same E4 issue after opening the freezer door and even randomly firing the day. There is a magnet for the door contact on the bottom right side of the freezer door that I extended about 3/8” with longer screws that lined up the magnet with the contact much better. Haven’t had an E4 issue since doing that👍🏼
thanks...i will check this out when I get back home.

Tony M

E4 is error code for door open. You can hold the refrigerator button down for 2-3 seconds and it will mute the sound
Thanks Jim! I found my instructional manual for the fridge and you are spot on. The error clears itself after a few minutes and the freezer unlocks itself when the error clears. The E4 error is very sensitive and quick to trigger. ust be patient and it will fix itself.

Oregon_Camper

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Thanks Jim! I found my instructional manual for the fridge and you are spot on. The error clears itself after a few minutes and the freezer unlocks itself when the error clears. The E4 error is very sensitive and quick to trigger. ust be patient and it will fix itself.
Glad it worked out for you!! :)