• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Norcold N20DC

RollingDoghouse

I have read the manual for our refrigerator in our 2023 385FL. There are errors in manual such as a button (8) for turn off blue LED lights. There is no button (8)!

So my issue is that we live full time (moving 4-6 times a year) and I need to defrost for the first time since we bought out Alliance in mid September. The directions in the manual are as follows: “Defrosting the refrigerator makes excess water inside the refrigerator, which falls onto the drip tray and flows to the outside of the refrigerator through the drain tube.- Put dry towels (etc.) inside the refrigerator to help remove the excess water.”

First off there is no drip tray accessible. There is no drain tube accessible. In Alliance 385FL facebook group someone said that there is spongy material to soak up the water then evaporates. I am alright with that because we monitor inside humidity and run humidifier as needed to maintain a comfortable low level of humidity. What if there is too much water in drip pan (travel day in hot weather for instance), will it flood the slide? How in the heck do I get towels in there. Does the top plastic drawer of the freezer remove easily? Why are the manuals so generic?

TYIA for any help, pictures, or referencing videos some wonderful soul made for this refrigerator.

J. Thomas

If you can afford to do it, I would replace the "Nevercold" piece of junk with a real residential refrigerator. No more often than you move, I think you would enjoy the peace of mind. You can hook it into your inverter system and then forget about it. I do not recommend through-the-door ice or water, and do not recommend hooking up the icemaker. Those are all high maint. items that repairmen just love.

RollingDoghouse

If you can afford to do it, I would replace the "Nevercold" piece of junk with a real residential refrigerator. No more often than you move, I think you would enjoy the peace of mind. You can hook it into your inverter system and then forget about it. I do not recommend through-the-door ice or water, and do not recommend hooking up the icemaker. Those are all high maint. items that repairmen just love.
We have a counter top ice maker. I want to remove the ice maker in the freezer as it is stealing valuable freezer real estate. I realize the many have had issues but a new one is not in our future at the moment. We have not had any issues at this point. I have monitor in refrigerator and freezer that reports temperature to my phone. I am sure we will be giving it a real test come summer as it is hot everywhere in the summer in the USA. We did extra things to the electric/propane refrigerator in our old rig. When a refrigerator is in a slide there are more things to consider to keep it comfortably cool in hot weather.