• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

New To The Alliance Family

BryanValRox

Hello folks, my wife(and Roxanne) and I are new to the RV circle and new owners of a 2024 310 RL . I have been watching this forum from the side lines since we took delivery in early September. Decided to pull the trigger and sign up tonight and just wanted to say hello.

Unfortunately, we are waiting for our new truck to arrive so we can make some trips and meet some of you nice folks during our travels.

Currently, been giving the coach the once over, installing some upgrades, and using it for watching our Ravens on Sunday. Figured that is one way to get comfortable with leveling, set up and operation before hitting the road.
Happy Thanksgiving to All!

CornCrib

Welcome! We did the same exercise as you. Our 32RLS arrived in April 2022, truck arrived in July. (both were ordered on same day in Nov 2021). We used that time to get started on mods and putting our touch on it.

BryanValRox

Welcome! We did the same exercise as you. Our 32RLS arrived in April 2022, truck arrived in July. (both were ordered on same day in Nov 2021). We used that time to get started on mods and putting our touch on it.
CornCrib, thanks for the welcome! Looks like some pretty fancy Solar work that you shared, Great Job! I am wondering if you have a sense of the total weight that is added when installing a system like that? Also, BIG Kudos, for documenting the installation with an as build drawing! That sure will be helpful for others considering upgrades, but more importantly for you as recall material should any issue surface in the future.
Congratulations on your project!
Bryan

CornCrib

I am wondering if you have a sense of the total weight that is added when installing a system like that?
Bryan
I have a before project CAT scale ticket. I'm sure I've added weight, but I subtracted some also in equipment that was replaced. In addition, we go thru a re-evaluation of what is in the camper now and then, and that always results in the removal of things we find we just aren't using, or find the benefit of using is outweighed by the cumbersomeness (if that's a word) of carrying it with us and repositioning it to get to the things we do use.

Bottom line: Time to hit the scale again. You never know for sure until you hit that scale.

As for the As-Built ... during my design phase, I always found it helpful to see others' drawings, as it would answer questions or prompt some research as to "why did they do it that way?". After I was finished, I looked at my plan drawing and realized it evolved as I was installing and was not completely accurate. Hopefully some will find some of it useful in their build.