• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

New mattress

Delta262

Delta’s mattress sucks pond water! We ran down to Lowes for a Hybrid foam/coil full Queen 10” tall mattress. Normally about $800 on sale for $499; with my military 10% off, it got cheap. Out with the old; in with the new. Of course, an Alliance professional ran a sheetrock screw (mounts the hydraulic lift to raise the bed) through the bed platform so it ripped the Delta mattress Taking it out. Ground off ¼”+ of the screw tip and reinserted. Found 3 more just shy of breaking through. But the mattress is great! We bought a much pricier one for the house a few months ago. This one is better. Of course, a 10” tall mattress is tough to climb aboard!

Attachments

• IMG_4792.jpeg
    IMG_4792.jpeg
    493.2 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_4791.jpeg
    IMG_4791.jpeg
    488.5 KB · Views: 17

Delta262

Too true. If I were still a young soldier, I wouldn’t be camping in a trailer. Back then, Camping was a poncho, butt pack, weapon, canteen, etc. when we married, my wife and I did all our camping on a motorcycle. Now we have four campers. Times change!

daemonic3

How do the struts hold up with the extra thick mattress for the underbed storage? We opted for a 2" memory foam topper (about 20lbs) instead, which brings it to almost normal mattress thickness, and still allows decent lift with the strut assist. I am sensitive to all extra tongue weight so we wouldn't do the whole mattress but I've been curious how well the bed still lifts if we ever did that route.

just bought a serta 10" mattress to replace the packing blanket alliance provided as a mattress. the struts won't carry the load. has anyone replaced the struts, and if so, with what. i'm new to the forum as i just purchased my 262rb saturday.