• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

New beginings for Black and Gray dumps........

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
Nice job on wire management. Using tie-wraps to clean this up, in my opinion is a best practice - post production. If one wanted to go the extra 10 miles, cutting, rerouting, shortening / lengthening and resecuring is even better. But it takes a ton of time and for little gain other than peace of mind and persona satisfaction. What you've done will last you forever.

Hotrodjohn

Got out the hot wrench today. Drainmaster box install. I am gonna try and add a strap to help hold the two tanks above the storage box . I can’t believe how much they bow when full. I filled all three that I replumbed and replaced valves on and let sit overnight. No leaks 😎😎
IMG_3537.jpegIMG_3541.jpeg

Hotrodjohn

I think I’m done . Filled tanks and let sit overnight. No leaks😎 Fought with underbelly ✅. Even added coupler box (ammo box) for the drainmaster hose extension which seems like a mile long😮
IMG_3555.jpegIMG_3556.jpeg

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
Love it. Very nice work. Where did you end up storing the extension hose?
I think I’m done . Filled tanks and let sit overnight. No leaks😎 Fought with underbelly ✅. Even added coupler box (ammo box) for the drainmaster hose extension which seems like a mile long😮

RockDr896

Since you guys have been wrestling RV's longer than me, I am wondering these two things.
1) Are the cables prone to failure and if so, what is you best guess on what age? Best guess is all I am asking.
2) Are the electric gate valves (if oriented correctly), are they more reliable?

Hotrodjohn

Since you guys have been wrestling RV's longer than me, I am wondering these two things.
1) Are the cables prone to failure and if so, what is you best guess on what age? Best guess is all I am asking.
2) Are the electric gate valves (if oriented correctly), are they more reliable?
One of my cable ones locked up and folded the pull lever 90 degrees. 1.5 years old. Hopefully yes on electrics. The problem with the cable ones is the routing of the cable, binds…..

RockDr896

One of my cable ones locked up and folded the pull lever 90 degrees. 1.5 years old. Hopefully yes on electrics. The problem with the cable ones is the routing of the cable, binds…..
Makes sense. I guess I will look for that issue, when I start making my underbelly into removable sections. I also plan to inspect the Lippert frame welds. I may have to break out my hot wrench too!!

Bozo

Having had both, I can vouch for the fact that the electrics are no more reliable, in fact you are adding something to go wrong. I switched from electrics to manuals and never looked back. Periodically squirt cable lube in them and you should be golden.

Bozo

As stated above, make sure cables are routed nicely with long Smooth bends and tied up good.

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
When I had my underbelly down in my Delta 262RB, I used tie-wraps to fix the gentle loop of extra manual pull cable to itself, then nearby structure. Have extra cable flopping about makes it harder to actuate the valve from the pull handle as the wire inside the cable sheath is pulling pulled out but the sheath also likes to move with the inner wire. So that's why I try to fix mine in position when I can.