• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

New 310RL TV issues

GWGibbs

I have a brand new 310RL and appear to have a TV issue. The TV is a Insignia brand with Amazon Fire installed. We cannot get the TV in living area to connect to channels coming thru the antenna consistently. The problem appears to be getting worse as now no channels work. The bedroom TV has no such issue. I have tried to troubleshoot by connecting a coax cable from the antenna outlet in the bedroom to the living room TV and the TV picks up no signal. When I do the reverse, running the cable from the outlet in the living room back to the bedroom tv, that TV works fine. I have run the antenna TV scan for the local channels and it comes up with 50 channels and the Guide shows up but the TV cannot pick up the signal. I am wondering if I have a defective TV since the bedroom TV works fine. It is also an Insignia but smaller. Anyone experience this and is there a solution other than asking for the TV to be replaced??

BryanValRox

I have a brand new 310RL and appear to have a TV issue. The TV is a Insignia brand with Amazon Fire installed. We cannot get the TV in living area to connect to channels coming thru the antenna consistently. The problem appears to be getting worse as now no channels work. The bedroom TV has no such issue. I have tried to troubleshoot by connecting a coax cable from the antenna outlet in the bedroom to the living room TV and the TV picks up no signal. When I do the reverse, running the cable from the outlet in the living room back to the bedroom tv, that TV works fine. I have run the antenna TV scan for the local channels and it comes up with 50 channels and the Guide shows up but the TV cannot pick up the signal. I am wondering if I have a defective TV since the bedroom TV works fine. It is also an Insignia but smaller. Anyone experience this and is there a solution other than asking for the TV to be replaced??
Sure sounds like you have proven your theory out by rerouting the TV’s to the different source boxes and getting consistent results with a given TV.
You indicated you have ran the local scan, so the only other thing that I can think of would to be to check your input source to make sure the TV input is looking to the antenna as its source.
Other then that, could you try a different input like HDMI fed from a computer just to see if the issue could be isolated to the RF jack input. Either way it sounds like a warranty claim might be in your near future.