• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

My main cooking hack for a group-no dishes-eliminating steps on the day of cooking

RockDr896

So this is my main hack for the winter time. It's hard to cook outside for a bunch of people, when it is cold outside and there are multiple steps to the cook. The attached picture is of a soup (15 Bean w/Hot Italian Sausage), I vacuum sealed it. Since I have 3 burners, I can boil water for the noodles AND boil water to bring the soup back to life. I always separate the noodles from the dish, because the noodles will breakdown. Whether it's beef stroganof, chili, soup, ect .........The water holds the soup until you are ready to serve and it's the perfect temp to eat. I always try to prep in my own kitchen before I head out on a trip. The big win...is that the dishes to be cleaned are eliminated...
This process is really Sous Vide without the cook times. I can do any number of complicated comfort foods for a large group. You can also do this months before a trip. I started this years ago, as I taught my 2 boys how to cook. Anything frozen can be brought back either in the oven at 350 degrees for 30 min, or boiled back up to temp in a bag.

Attachments

• 2024-02-09 17.24.40.jpg
    2024-02-09 17.24.40.jpg
    666.1 KB · Views: 2