• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Modified table

Delta262

Dumped the two, black metal table legs; now have a collapsible base. Freestanding table but still can make a bed. Table is super cheap but easy to modify. My wife gave her approval but rather the locking mechanism was on the back side. Also carpeted the pass through. Will add pegboard when we return home. Picked it up Thursday and leaving Sunday for a shakedown trip. Them finish mods. Installed a 110 amp Lithium battery that heats itself in winter. Still thinking which Inverter to install.

Attachments

• IMG_4786.jpeg
    IMG_4786.jpeg
    801.7 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_4787.jpeg
    IMG_4787.jpeg
    342.4 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_4788.jpeg
    IMG_4788.jpeg
    382.9 KB · Views: 28

dstrait70

Looks great! We were deciding between a GD Imagine and the Delta 262 and ended up going with the Delta, but I really liked the freestanding table in the Imagine. Is there a kit available to do this or did you have to find the parts to pull it off? Also, do you mind passing along the information on the battery you chose? Thanks!

Delta262

Bought the table base online for $175.00 with shipping. Battery is a 110 watt Lithium from Ellis Battery In Ozark, MO. guess most are essentially alike, but this one fights cold issues, and the one the Dealer sold was about $1,280.00 for slight less capability. I paid just over $700.00 after taxes. I’d have to oen the battery box to get its name; we’re ‘camping’ right now, so wife doesn’t want me tearing into stuff. She puts up with enuff of that as I restore vintage campers. But Lithium is the way to go. Now to get an inverter to install……!

Delta262

Yes, that’s tho one. They charged me shipping. It’s easy to modify using the screws that came off the table. It sticks out a bit on the back side, keeping it from connecting to the magnet on the dinette. Will move it when I e get home.

dstrait70

Yes, that’s tho one. They charged me shipping. It’s easy to modify using the screws that came off the table. It sticks out a bit on the back side, keeping it from connecting to the magnet on the dinette. Will move it when I e get home.
Any thoughts on what you will do, if anything, to the holes in the floor from where the base was removed?

dstrait70

Bought the table base online for $175.00 with shipping. Battery is a 110 watt Lithium from Ellis Battery In Ozark, MO. guess most are essentially alike, but this one fights cold issues, and the one the Dealer sold was about $1,280.00 for slight less capability. I paid just over $700.00 after taxes. I’d have to oen the battery box to get its name; we’re ‘camping’ right now, so wife doesn’t want me tearing into stuff. She puts up with enuff of that as I restore vintage campers. But Lithium is the way to go. Now to get an inverter to install……!
Does the charge controller in the Delta support lithium battery charging from the factory or did you have to change any settings on the charge controller to indicate you have a lithium batter? Also, does Alliance ship the Delta with a battery or will I need to add the battery myself when I take delivery? This is my first RV so not sure what is customary for a new RV purchase. Thanks in advance!

Delta262

You get a wet cell battery. I took it, but will give it away. There is a charge controller installed. The Converter and other electrics accept Lithium. Alliance didn’t supply things I expect to accompany a new trailer: no “stinky-slinky”; no water filter; no drinking water hose; no nothing. The hand crank for leveling jacks is the worst I’ve ever seen! There is a drive but for a hand drill that raises/lowers the jacks, and one to manually raise/lower the tongue jack. You will need to gather the stuff needed to set up s camper. Like: boards to put under jacks and tongue jack; wheel chocks ( get the big, heavy ones at Harbor Freight); Scissor chocks that go between wheels to control movement; at least a 2’ level to level left-right sides; carry an adapter for 30to50 amp at pedestals; 90 and 45 degree adapters for your water inlet; an inline water pressure gauge for the drinking water hose; a few rolls of Teflon tape for faucets and hose nibs; one good quality plastic box for drinking water equipment; another good box for sewer hose stuff; heavy duty rubber gloves to handle sewer stuff; a rubber “doughnut” for sewer hose use at dump site or hookup; a plastic bag with soap and sanitizer for the sewer stuff box to wash your hands after removing the gloves; the ‘accordion’ style base to support your stinky/slinky; and/or the solid metal support to help keep the stinky-slinky supported without collapsing on itself. Find an experienced camper fir advice. Get your minimum camper chemicals: for cleaning black and gray water tanks; soon you’ll need a hose and such to winterize the trailer! I carry three stinky-slinkies: standard long one and two shirt ones if you get a baaaddd site away from the sewer inlet. I keep the fresh water box on the curb side; the sewer box on the street side. I also carry an assortment of dogbones in cases where campgrounds gave poor electrical service! And a good power electrical stabilizer: safeguard your appliances!!!!

dstrait70

You get a wet cell battery. I took it, but will give it away. There is a charge controller installed. The Converter and other electrics accept Lithium. Alliance didn’t supply things I expect to accompany a new trailer: no “stinky-slinky”; no water filter; no drinking water hose; no nothing. The hand crank for leveling jacks is the worst I’ve ever seen! There is a drive but for a hand drill that raises/lowers the jacks, and one to manually raise/lower the tongue jack. You will need to gather the stuff needed to set up s camper. Like: boards to put under jacks and tongue jack; wheel chocks ( get the big, heavy ones at Harbor Freight); Scissor chocks that go between wheels to control movement; at least a 2’ level to level left-right sides; carry an adapter for 30to50 amp at pedestals; 90 and 45 degree adapters for your water inlet; an inline water pressure gauge for the drinking water hose; a few rolls of Teflon tape for faucets and hose nibs; one good quality plastic box for drinking water equipment; another good box for sewer hose stuff; heavy duty rubber gloves to handle sewer stuff; a rubber “doughnut” for sewer hose use at dump site or hookup; a plastic bag with soap and sanitizer for the sewer stuff box to wash your hands after removing the gloves; the ‘accordion’ style base to support your stinky/slinky; and/or the solid metal support to help keep the stinky-slinky supported without collapsing on itself. Find an experienced camper fir advice. Get your minimum camper chemicals: for cleaning black and gray water tanks; soon you’ll need a hose and such to winterize the trailer! I carry three stinky-slinkies: standard long one and two shirt ones if you get a baaaddd site away from the sewer inlet. I keep the fresh water box on the curb side; the sewer box on the street side. I also carry an assortment of dogbones in cases where campgrounds gave poor electrical service! And a good power electrical stabilizer: safeguard your appliances!!!!
Thanks for the advice!

Delta262

Any thoughts on what you will do, if anything, to the holes in the floor from where the base was removed?
Can always shoot some caulk, then color width permanency Sharpie. There are experts who do that, but it’s only a few, tiny holes. I’ll likely just put a small rug down: will help keep the table from moving around. Out of sight…out of mind. There are bigger projects up front: install some 110 volt outlets; run power into storage ares behind the TV for component cords; a light at the front door so you can see the switches; etc. 262rb is NOT user friendly.

daemonic3

Ha! We are coming from an Imagine with the exact same freestanding table and scissor collapse mechanism you just installed! I don't know if you plan to have any little ones use the dinette to sleep? But we found that that table will tip if their weight isn't centered. So we added inside the bench seats, wood reinforcement beams, and drilled peg holes into them. Then placed 2 removable steel tension rods across so that the table surface rests on those in addition to its collapsed scissor jack. No more tipping! The 2 spring tension rods just become part of the bed setup and teardown routine. Anyway, be careful of tipping! We are so DONE with dinettes and the 294RK has a 2 seat breakfast bar that really sold us on making this move.

For another Li battery recommendation, I found that the largest capacity group 24 on the market was Lion Energy, at 105A-h. Of course, group 27 or irregular sizes go larger. You can get them at Sportsman's Warehouse for $849 BUT they will not have Bluetooth! Get it direct from Lion Energy online if you want BT to check true % and in/out amps (battery meter at your panel won't tell you much). Lion Energy has it for $899 and always has 10% off coupons and free shipping.

Question: Where do you keep your Li battery? Outside or inside? I plan to keep mine outside for normal operation but then when we put the trailer in storage I will disconnect and lock it inside the passthrough. If you keep yours inside all the time, I am curious where you wired it into...

One more note for anyone upgrading to Lithium on the Delta... The AC/DC converter is a WFCO brand, and it auto detects battery type, so no problem there. But my unit came with RICH Solar controller, so I had to change the default battery from flood to Li in the settings. Other Deltas may come with Renogy solar which I think does auto-detect, so CHECK YOUR INDIVIDUAL UNIT to make sure!