• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Main disconnect - what's not tied to it?

New 26rd arrived today.

I was trying to kill all the power by using the main battery disconnect, however, with it off there is still power to the fridge and there's is a blinking green light in the main DC panel. Everything else appears is off with the disconnect switch in the off position. How is this thing wired? There's are two main positive battery wires. One goes to the disconnect and then other goes into the abyss ???? I turned the 12v fridge down to off but I am concerned that there is some small parasitic loads that's will kill the battery...... FYI: no solar and no inverter....yet. The fridge light comes on if I open the door.

Also it looks like the solar prep wires, orange and black, are capped off above the battery box.

Any advice? The dealership didn't know what or how it it's wired.

Thanks all.

Oregon_Camper

Forum Moderator
Staff member
the frig should be wired to be OFF when you turn the disconnect off. Fixing that hould be easy enough with a volt meter and finding which is hot with disconnect off...then putting that wire behind the switch.

Items like the emergency brake and CO2 detector are bypassed with the factory switch for legal reason...ie, you forget to turn switch back on and now the emerengy brakes no longer work

You can add an after market switch at the battery (POS term) and it will then cut off 100% of the power.

I would think that some of the panel in your RD would look like the breakers in a 32rls.
Here is a picture of my 32rls breakers. All of the breakers in the picture are getting power even with the disconnect turned off.
The disconnect is fed from the same source as the breakers so really the ONLY things that will be shut down with the disconnect turned off would be the things powered by the fuse panel inside the coach.

Attachments

• 32rls DC breakers.png
    32rls DC breakers.png
    4.1 MB · Views: 25
Very helpful. Thanks. I pulled the plastic cover off of my DC breakers and saw similar. I'm surprised at how many circuits are not associated with the disconnect switch. Certainly very different than my last rig.

Very helpful. Thanks. I pulled the plastic cover off of my DC breakers and saw similar. I'm surprised at how many circuits are not associated with the disconnect switch. Certainly very different than my last rig.
Glad to help, join us over on FB as well, lots of great Avenue specific info.

Biking340

that was a very detailed label for all the DC wire. i am in search of something similar for the 340rl. if anyone has that please share