• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

LR slide cover

grose308

Living full time in a 36v11and with the slides out all the time I want to install toppers.
Question is for those that installed them, what make and size did you use as to not have interference issues with the awnings being so close.

Bozo

Living full time in a 36v11and with the slides out all the time I want to install toppers.
Question is for those that installed them, what make and size did you use as to not have interference issues with the awnings being so close.
Well, I too have not got any answers on toppers for a valor 40v13. I made my own observations my last time out. The main awning goes out straight with plenty of clearance. Same with retraction. Only when fully extended would it rest on ends of awning. I also saw a motorhome that looked to be as close as these are. On another motorhome, they used the main awning as the topper by only extending it slightly beyond slide….i don’t know which idea I like better. In inclement weather, I prefer the actual slide toppers. Either way, I will be adding toppers to the other two slides. The last ones I installed were solera. Yet another lippert company.

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
@grose308 and @Bozo - we typically prep the slide rooms for toppers. Look for a plate of some sort in the upper corners of each slide. Might be a name on the plate. Often, we do use the Lippert Solera slide toppers and perhaps in some cases, we use Carefree.

If it's not obvious from examining the topper prep, email our team at service@alliancerv.com and ask them to confirm. Include the last 6 digits of your VIN, your name, phone and a picture of the slide topper prep. They should be able to confirm the brand for you from that data.

Bozo

@grose308 and @Bozo - we typically prep the slide rooms for toppers. Look for a plate of some sort in the upper corners of each slide. Might be a name on the plate. Often, we do use the Lippert Solera slide toppers and perhaps in some cases, we use Carefree.

If it's not obvious from examining the topper prep, email our team at service@alliancerv.com and ask them to confirm. Include the last 6 digits of your VIN, your name, phone and a picture of the slide topper prep. They should be able to confirm the brand for you from that data.
mine does not have the solera prep brackets, but my real question is whether the area where slide toppers would be installed, is reinforced or not.

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
mine does not have the solera prep brackets, but my real question is whether the area where slide toppers would be installed, is reinforced or not.
As I don’t know the answer, I need to refer you to our customer service team. See contact info and instructions in post 3 of this thread.