• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Loving our RV Travels in our Alliance Avenue 29RL!

jwkelly

New member
We are Jeff and Kay! Earlier this year, we bought our 2026 Alliance Avenue 29RL, and we couldn't be happier with it. Alliance really puts thought and quality into everything they build.

For those newer to ownership—or anyone on the fence—here is how our first season of full freedom has gone so far:

  • Trip 1: A 5-week run from Texas through New Mexico, Utah, and Wyoming before leaving the rig staged in Colorado. over 7,000 miles
  • July Break: Headed back home north of Houston for July (don't ask why! 😅).
  • Trip 2: Spent August back in Colorado with the RV. I spent over 35 days above 7,000 feet—such a refreshing break from the Texas heat!
It’s been incredible not having to fit travel into standard 1–2 week vacation windows. So far, our mix has been about 37% boondocking and 63%
hookups
, and the 29RL floor plan handles both seamlessly.

Coming Up: Our third trip is set for October, taking us through Arkansas, Tennessee, and North Carolina.

We’ve learned so much from reading through these forums—it feels like drinking from a firehose at times, but we’re loving every minute of it. Looking forward to connecting with more of you!

Best,

Jeff & Kay
 

Flyer32RLS

Well-known member
jwkelly, sounds like a lot of fun and enjoyment. You said you have been doing a lot of boondocking.
Have you added solar, if so how much and was it adequate?
I have 380W of solar and a 100AH LiTime battery. Know I need to add some but not real sure what would be adequate. Jst don't want to over spend as I have a 5000W Predator generator that tunds both A/C units. Just wanted enough to get buy and not have to run the gen all the time.
I've seen one couple that put 3500W of solar and never connects to external power. Have not seen where they say how low the batteries get overnight.
Happy Glamping!!
 

Midnight Rider

Prominent Member
jwkelly, sounds like a lot of fun and enjoyment. You said you have been doing a lot of boondocking.
Have you added solar, if so how much and was it adequate?
I have 380W of solar and a 100AH LiTime battery. Know I need to add some but not real sure what would be adequate. Jst don't want to over spend as I have a 5000W Predator generator that tunds both A/C units. Just wanted enough to get buy and not have to run the gen all the time.
I've seen one couple that put 3500W of solar and never connects to external power. Have not seen where they say how low the batteries get overnight.
Happy Glamping!!
You only have one 100 AH Battery?
 

jwkelly

New member
Thanks Midnight Rider. I need a name / handle as well. I have a different kind of set up that really works great so keeping it for now. No inverter. I have a 200ah house lithium but turn the converter breaker off when boondoging and connect my 300 elite Bluetti to my shore power and it saves the DC house lithium. Team, that Bluetti is a powerhouse. I have just the factory 200 roof solar which does a good job. I have a 200 suitcase solar for the Bluetti. What I have happen thought they just don’t quite keep up. Maybe every second third day I charge both with with a 3500 inverter generator. It runs both ac if I need it. But had a probably with this cheaper generator so Bluetti came in handy because I removed it and as we had lunch in Alpine WY charged it in town. Had that happen on my second trip as well so bought a your brand but that 4000 dual fuel. I like connecting to my Propane. Two weeks I leave for third trip and adding 200 more for the roof and a 300 suitcase. Excited to see, but that should be good for both. I can use both suitcases solar so that would be 500 for the Bluetti which is a bit over the top.
I am no expert, but it seems you should be fine and maybe as someone said could add another house battery. Your solar I would think works great. I do like how the refrigerator is 12 volt and house DC runs it. Helps my situation even more You have a great RV My half ton ram pulls the 29rl perfectly but mine would not do well with upfront slide out. I wish it could!!!
 

Flyer32RLS

Well-known member
You only have one 100 AH Battery?
Ops, it is a 200AH LiTime lithium battery. When we purchased the 32RLS last September they only installed one lead acid Interstate 88ah.
We never go boondocking so always hooked to shore power. Trying to foresee the need as we are planning a trip to Alaska and know it might benefit us to have solar for that trip but like I said, want just enough to get by. The LiTime 200AH lithium works great just keeping the fridge cool whilee traveling. I don't foresee using the AC units much in Alaska but to be able to boondock every now and then might be handy. Just didn't want to run the generator all the time. The 200Ah with solar is more than sufficient to keep the fridge running and cold during travel days.
 
Last edited:
Top