• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Leveling Jacks RE: BLM access road deep ruts.

johnda98

Alliance design/ engineers..

for OHV toy haulers.. access to OHV areas and esp in Moab.. those fireroads when deep ruts dryout. can be hard sand/mud and can damage the low clearance jacks if not really careful

Might be great on Toyhaulers to bolt the jacks onto a rotating 90deg backplate.. similar to a jockey wheel on a small trailer for the nose weight..

sort of a tilt and lock with a spring bolt.. so they can cant up 90deg fore and aft .. increasing clearance near the axles

next lowest point to hit might be the sewer outlet and fresh water pull... maybe a pull on the side for fresh ?

sewer.. maybe have a option of a slip on coupler on each side just before the sewer exit.. so a owner can remove the lowest part of the plumbing

Oregon_Camper

Forum Moderator
Staff member
I like the spring bolt idea, but I think that would create slight movement and that would result in a lot more movement inside the RV. Those jacks are already VERY well attached to RV/Frame and the RV moves a bit as is.

johnda98

I like the spring bolt idea, but I think that would create slight movement and that would result in a lot more movement inside the RV. Those jacks are already VERY well attached to RV/Frame and the RV moves a bit as is.
true.. Jim - yes currently well bolted to the rail and yes still the coach moves a bit - probably because yes majority of the 15K+ lbs sits on the springs - as it should, and not on the jacks.

I'll look closer see if its possible with enough hydraulic line play, to be able to remove a bolt or two and swivel them up horizontal for travel..

Trent Mills

Alliance design/ engineers..

for OHV toy haulers.. access to OHV areas and esp in Moab.. those fireroads when deep ruts dryout. can be hard sand/mud and can damage the low clearance jacks if not really careful

Might be great on Toyhaulers to bolt the jacks onto a rotating 90deg backplate.. similar to a jockey wheel on a small trailer for the nose weight..

sort of a tilt and lock with a spring bolt.. so they can cant up 90deg fore and aft .. increasing clearance near the axles

next lowest point to hit might be the sewer outlet and fresh water pull... maybe a pull on the side for fresh ?

sewer.. maybe have a option of a slip on coupler on each side just before the sewer exit.. so a owner can remove the lowest part of the plumbing
You do have the option on some of the jacks to raise them a bolt hole or more. That gives you about 2" more clearance per bolt hole.