• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Lack of Roof Vents

stevez

I'm scratching my head over the lack of roof vents on the 262RB. The other manufacturers offering competing models all have them and they are extremely important for air circulation, especially on warm days when when you can't use your AC due to lack of shore power or would rather just have fresh air. Being able to have roof vents cracked open is also important to keep air flowing in the trailer during storage and prevent condensation buildup when using the trailer. Does anyone have any thoughts on Alliance's rationale for omitting roof vents given the clear advantages of have them?

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
Hi Steve - I can't speak for the rationale but I can confirm there is a vent in the bathroom of the 262RB. Just last night, I opened a bedroom window and turned on the bathroom vent fan to draw air through the coach. Have you tried this?

stevez

@Jim Beletti - I do understand there is a vent in the bathroom (for obvious reasons!) but the rest of the industry chooses to install two additional vents (one in the living / kitchen area and another in the bedroom) to ventilate those areas. In my 30 years of trailering, those vents are very important for air flow and preventing moisture / humidity to build up in the unit. There are also security consideration to this because you can keep your trailer ventilated when you are not in camp without leaving windows open. What I do is to have one vent fan pulling air into the trailer and other pulling air out so the air is circulating from one side of the trailer to the other.

Oregon_Camper

Forum Moderator
Staff member
What I do is to have one vent fan pulling air into the trailer and other pulling air out so the air is circulating from one side of the trailer to the other.
Sometimes I think to myself.."Why didn't I think of that?" 30 years of using RV's and I just now learned this great idea. Thank you sir!! :)

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
Sometimes I think to myself.."Why didn't I think of that?" 30 years of using RV's and I just now learned this great idea. Thank you sir!! :)
Same here Jim. I am always learning new ways from others. That's what's great about rallies and just hanging out with friends who have a bit of an engineering mind.