• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Kitchen sink falling out

Theda

HI Looking for help our kitchen sink has fallen out twice now, hubby has re put it in with silicone is there something better thanks.

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
Undermount sinks generally use a combination of adhesive and sink clips to hold them in place. Some of our Allies have had their sink fall and in most (but not all) cases, they travelled with dishes, coffee makers etc, in the sink. The moment weight of material stored in the sink when the coach is bouncing down the road can be problematic.

That all said, I am not suggesting this is the cause for your sink failure. As @Oregon_Camper has suggested, please provide some pictures showing the underside of the sink where the sink edge meets the counter top bottom.

Here's a link to what various sink clip styles. If you were to DIY repair using new sink clips, be very careful as to the length of screw you would use to go into the counter top wood substrate. I think it's only maybe 3/8" thick.

Also, feel free to email your pictures, a description of what is happening, your name, phone and last 6 of your VIN to our service team at service@alliancerv.com.

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
Thanks for info will get pictures What kind of adhesive
I'm not sure what the factory uses. If I was doing it, I would use construction adhesive, then use temporary wood supports to hold it in place while the adhesive cured, then add metal sink clips.

Note, this is just what I would do and not factory service advice. If you want that, kindly reach out to our team at service@alliancerv.com