• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Just placed a deposit on a ‘23 Paradigm 395DS

crimsonclint

Hello all! Our family of 4 (and 2 pups) will be full-time starting sometime in June. We are first time campers so we have A LOT to learn. Looking forward to this great community!

Bozo

Hello all! Our family of 4 (and 2 pups) will be full-time starting sometime in June. We are first time campers so we have A LOT to learn. Looking forward to this great community!
Being new to the camper world, I would strongly suggest hiring a good rv inspector to do your pdi before you pay and take off the lot. It is a major hassle after it leaves the lot. Mine is at the dealer now getting things “looked at” and some things fixed. 3rd trip to dealer in 7 mos. My dealer has been good, but still a little slow/busy. I understand that. Thing is though, your dealer really doesn’t have much incentive to fix until it is sold, meaning you paid and have possession. That is my .02 anyway.

DanNJanice

Bozo makes some excellent points, I wish I had done that with mine.
Be aware that if you are buying a '23 it has been sitting on the lot for a year.
Now, according to Alliance, the "owner" is required to perform preventive maintenance. This includes things like inspecting/sealing roofs, looking at slide seals, exercising slides, maintaining batteries, etc.
However, the dealers don't really consider themselves the owners (even though they are), and almost NEVER do any preventive maintenance. So, you can safely assume that your trailer has been sitting on a lot, in the weather, with no preventive maintenance performed, for a year.

Chaseweston

Welcome! I can attest to the above points. I wish I had Jim's PDI template when we picked up our '24 Valor 44V14. It was our first purchase of a camper and we did not check all the items we should have that could have been addressed. We took possession on 4/1 and have been living in it 3/4 of the time since and have had several issues that could have been addressed in a more comprehensive PDI.

We (family of 4) are preparing to start our full time journey in June as well! see you on the road my friend!