• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Jim & Carole from Texas

jrector

Well, home is Texas but domicile is SD. We are full timers and pick up our 390MP in a couple weeks after PDI and make-ready. We also have a Ram 3500 HO DRW in transit from AL to TX so it's a race to see what will be ready first!

We started full-time in a Super C and while it's a beast just doesn't have much inside storage. Plus, my biggest stressor when traveling is having my drive train break and being without my "house" while it's down. Hence, the "upgrade" to an Alliance 5th-wheel.

I still work full-time remotely so if I have a connection I'm good. We have family in NC, NY, IL, OR, and CA. So our yearly route is basically a big circle hoping to avoid the extremes temperature wise. We've missed a few times, like 9 degrees and a foot of snow outside Colorado Springs! Of course, we stop along the way to see the sights. Personally, the Rapid City, SD area has been my favorite so far, Badlands NP, Mt Rushmore, Custer SP, Devils Tower all easy day trips.

We hope to attend the rally in May and meet some of you.

Tgrfan2

Well, home is Texas but domicile is SD. We are full timers and pick up our 390MP in a couple weeks after PDI and make-ready. We also have a Ram 3500 HO DRW in transit from AL to TX so it's a race to see what will be ready first!

We started full-time in a Super C and while it's a beast just doesn't have much inside storage. Plus, my biggest stressor when traveling is having my drive train break and being without my "house" while it's down. Hence, the "upgrade" to an Alliance 5th-wheel.

I still work full-time remotely so if I have a connection I'm good. We have family in NC, NY, IL, OR, and CA. So our yearly route is basically a big circle hoping to avoid the extremes temperature wise. We've missed a few times, like 9 degrees and a foot of snow outside Colorado Springs! Of course, we stop along the way to see the sights. Personally, the Rapid City, SD area has been my favorite so far, Badlands NP, Mt Rushmore, Custer SP, Devils Tower all easy day trips.

We hope to attend the rally in May and meet some of you.
Hi! I hope by now you are enjoying your new rig. We just purchased a 385 FL and awaiting delivery in the next couple of weeks. It is being moved to our dealer in SC. We had just about put our RV shopping on hold until we stumbled on this fiver. We were down to the Solitude 380 FL and this unit.
My Dad was from Cooper, TX but the cousins are spread all over. We would like to come west soon. The wife wants to visit Waco since she loves Magnolia. Austin and San Antonio will also be on our schedule. We are debating the pull all the way there. I have checked on camping near Biloxi and then storing the fiver while we make about a week out there. Several spots we want to see are in the Houston area also. Is there a nice campground that would be centrally located in this "circle" you would recommend? I have no problem making some long day trips if we can keep the camper in one or two locations.
Thanks.

jrector

Hi! I hope by now you are enjoying your new rig. We just purchased a 385 FL and awaiting delivery in the next couple of weeks. It is being moved to our dealer in SC. We had just about put our RV shopping on hold until we stumbled on this fiver. We were down to the Solitude 380 FL and this unit.
My Dad was from Cooper, TX but the cousins are spread all over. We would like to come west soon. The wife wants to visit Waco since she loves Magnolia. Austin and San Antonio will also be on our schedule. We are debating the pull all the way there. I have checked on camping near Biloxi and then storing the fiver while we make about a week out there. Several spots we want to see are in the Houston area also. Is there a nice campground that would be centrally located in this "circle" you would recommend? I have no problem making some long day trips if we can keep the camper in one or two locations.
Thanks.
We stay north of Houston since that's the area we are familiar with. Leisure Lane RV Resort in Pinehurst or Magnolia are less that $600/month plus electricity @$.12/Kwh. That would put you less than 3 hours from most of the areas you mentioned.

The 385 is a solid choice. It was also on our short list. Love the pull out storage tray!

Tgrfan2

We stay north of Houston since that's the area we are familiar with. Leisure Lane RV Resort in Pinehurst or Magnolia are less that $600/month plus electricity @$.12/Kwh. That would put you less than 3 hours from most of the areas you mentioned.

The 385 is a solid choice. It was also on our short list. Love the pull out storage tray!
Thanks, that is a beautiful resort and a great location.
The rear storage is why we wanted that floorplan. Our 363K has gained 600# on the pin and 850# total in 17 years. I suspect I will have to add tractor weights to the front to keep the drive wheels on the ground this time.