• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Jacking Valor for brake bearings check

MikenJJs Valor

I’m wanting to understand what you folks use to jack up your 5th wheels. Do I need a 5ton jack and several 2,000# jack stands to set it on while working one side.
Does anyone use the leveling system to lift one side and place on jack stands?
Anyone had success with using 2 half moon shaped levelers under 2 of the 3 tires while working on the other one?
How do you do it. Please share.

Focker

How often do you check your bearings? Do you rotate your tires?
I lube the bearings once per year as part of my winter service on everything. I always take the tires off to grease the bearings because clean up is easier. I use the E-Z lube fitting and have someone spin the brake drum while I do it. I have never blown out a rear seal using this method so I am very happy with it.
I have rotated the tires front to back but not from one side of the RV to the other. They are wearing very evenly. I have about 14,000 miles on the Valor. I run my tires at about 97 to 100 psi cold pressure.

Here is some info if you need:
Lugs are 19mm
Wheel Torque Spec: The 17.5" aluminum rim spec is 110 ft. lbs.
Suspension torque settings are: UBOLTS (70-80 foot lbs), the Shackle hardware (spring and equalizer attachment points) are 50 foot lbs.

Oregon_Camper

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Drive up on some tiered 2x4's on two of the tires...3rd one now off the ground. Leave RV connected to truck. Repeat as needed.