• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

It’s Happening: Avenue 32rls

Turfengineer

After a short time on this forum and a longer time researching fifth wheels, I am picking up my new 32rls next Tuesday. We cannot wait for the extra space and better quality when compared to our current bumper pull TT. It’s a fair deal on a new 2022 model. I do have a few concerns:

1) It is 6.5 hrs away in Mayfield KY and I will be installing a Goosebox in the dealers parking lot to pull it home. Should be a problem but it does make me uneasy since I will be so far from home but I’m to cheap to pay the dealer to do something I can do.

2) There is also a damaged ceiling panel the the dealer is being very transparent in notifying me since we have not seen this specific until in person yet. He said we have a couple options to have it resolved as they are not able to do it before we need to pick it up. We could go to a local Alliance dealer or go to the Alliance factory, which is 4 hrs away.

What benefit would we have by taking the time to go to the factory for repairs? Is there any down side beyond the drive?

DanNJanice

I purchased mine a fair distance away too. Be prepared for very little support from the dealership or Alliance in getting your trailer serviced.
We had an number of issues mostly related to slide seals and leaks. Make sure you inspect this area really good, because the dealerships apparently are exempt from doing any preventive maintenance while the trailer is on their site. So your 2022 has basically been sitting on a lot, probably in the weather, not getting any preventive maintenance done, since the day it was built.

When I needed warranty support, because it had four different leaks coming from three different slides on our first trip, I opened a case with Alliance. I offered to bring the trailer back to the Alliance factory, on my own dime, so it could be fixed right. Alliance basically said NO, we don't do that.

Alliance said I had three choices.
1) Take it back to selling dealership
2) Take it back to local dealership (btw, if you did not buy from your local dealer, they will likely refuse to work on it).
3) Take it to an private RV repair shop, but I would have foot the bill and then request a reimbursement from Alliance.

Well, as expected, the local dealership refused to work on it.
I took it back to selling dealership (400 miles away) and dropped it off. What a mistake! These guys are the biggest bunch of boobs I have ever run into, they couldn't put a nut on a bolt if their life depended on it. When I picked up the trailer I double checked the seals, it was obvious they had done nothing with the seals (after all, why would slide seals have anything to do with water leaks in the slides...huh?).
When I pointed out all the problems with the slide seals they said they would have to open a new case with Alliance (which would take several more days for approval). I just packed up trailer and left.

Turfengineer

I think you replied to one of my previous posts with some of this story. It sounds like you had a terrible experience, which honestly surprises me since the feedback on Alliance customer service is generally very positive. It sounds like your trailer had some major issues that should have been corrected.

This dealer has stated they will provide a written statement from Alliance that the repairs will be covered or I can have them repairs at the factory. So I guess I’m confused why you were not afforded the same consideration.

As far as the comparison to Jayco Eagle, I don’t see the cost difference in my research and Jayco is not immune to issues from my experience. Although, none of the manufactures are perfect, the construction techniques and materials that Alliance uses appear to be superior from my perspective.

Your feedback has pushed me to inspect the trailer more closely, so thank you.

DanNJanice

I think you replied to one of my previous posts with some of this story. It sounds like you had a terrible experience, which honestly surprises me since the feedback on Alliance customer service is generally very positive. It sounds like your trailer had some major issues that should have been corrected.

This dealer has stated they will provide a written statement from Alliance that the repairs will be covered or I can have them repairs at the factory. So I guess I’m confused why you were not afforded the same consideration.

As far as the comparison to Jayco Eagle, I don’t see the cost difference in my research and Jayco is not immune to issues from my experience. Although, none of the manufactures are perfect, the construction techniques and materials that Alliance uses appear to be superior from my perspective.

Your feedback has pushed me to inspect the trailer more closely, so thank you.
Yes, this is primarily a dealer issue. Unfortunately, dealerships in the RV industry are independent of the manufacturer, unlike the auto industry. So, they are free to refuse service any time they wish. In may experience I find the build of this trailer to be similar to my Jayco Jayflight travel trailer which is much, much less expensive. Perhaps Jayco's quality has slipped in recent years after the Thor buyout.
Regarding why the option to take it back to the factory was not provided to me...because I had already driven the trailer off the lot :(

J. Thomas

You can forget about any dealer fixing your issue on a timely basis. No matter if it is an Alliance or some other brand. I believe Alliance can, and will fix your problem right there at the factory. After you get it, see what you need, then call their customer service folks and make an appointment. I am willing to bet they will take good care of you, based on my experiences.

RichieW13

they are not able to do it before we need to pick it up.
That's crazy. I have only bought one new RV, but when we bought the trailer, we made note of all the things that needed repair. The dealer agreed and fixed everything during the week, and we picked the trailer up the following week.

I just assumed this is how all dealers are.

Turfengineer

Just got home from a 900 mile round trip to pick up the 32rls. There are a few things broken, cracked or damaged that I was not expecting, but Alliance actually called me while hooking up to discuss getting them correct near my house or at the factory. 0CB345F5-452A-469F-BE88-8716B82A3075.jpeg

Guests on the Move

Yes, this is primarily a dealer issue. Unfortunately, dealerships in the RV industry are independent of the manufacturer, unlike the auto industry. So, they are free to refuse service any time they wish. In may experience I find the build of this trailer to be similar to my Jayco Jayflight travel trailer which is much, much less expensive. Perhaps Jayco's quality has slipped in recent years after the Thor buyout.
Regarding why the option to take it back to the factory was not provided to me...because I had already driven the trailer off the lot :(
Not real sure why Alliance told you they do not do repairs at the factory. There have been many owners that have work done at the factory, myself included. The biggest problem is the schedule for appointments is out at least 6 to 8 months.

Turfengineer

After our second trip with our new Avenue, a few other issues popped up. A window leak that was previously repaired by the selling dealer started leaking again slightly and the bathroom door track fell off the ceiling. Both issues are now on the list being repaired by the factory in January next year.

Shout out to Kevin at Alliance customer support. He has been very good helping get some issues sorted by a local dealer and by getting us into the factory service schedule.

Overall, these issues are getting old but at least the manufacturer is helping us address them.

Turfengineer

Just picked up the 32rls yesterday from a local dealer that was repairing my bed slide. The dealer was RCD in Pataskala Ohio and we purchased our last RV from them a few years back. This time around they didn’t have what we were looking for and we stumbled across a good deal out of state. They were great and the total slide mechanism was replaced over the three weeks they had the rig. Alliance covered it without question. Overall a good experience from all.